Q: Era Accuracy, Stealthing, and Magic Studded Leather?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
SighelmofWyrmgard

Q: Era Accuracy, Stealthing, and Magic Studded Leather?

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I never had any Stealthers during T2A-proper, so I just don't know.

I've created a Stealther here at UOSA, and Studded Leather Armor of Fortification (the 1-pc female bodysuit ONLY; NO other armor) always generates the following failure: "You can't hope to move quietly wearing so much armor";

is this indeed era-accurate; if so, what's the point of even having magical studded leather?

For the record, the character in question presently possesses 81.~ Hiding and 79.~ Stealth; Stealthing with normal Studded Leather is, of course, rather easy and, even when Stealthing fails, the failure message returned is the "skill has failed" message, not the "too much armor" message.

During T2A-proper, I had sort-of tacitly assumed that one application of the Stealth skill had been to enable "Stealth Fighters", and to provide a use for magical studded leather, but I never bothered with it personally, back then.

I don't recall high-AR magical Leather interfering with Meditation ...

May I receive a disposition on this?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Q: Era Accuracy, Stealthing, and Magic Studded Leather?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It's based on your AR rating. It does not matter how many pieces you are wearing, only the total number of AR you have equipped. From my experience, any more than 14 AR is going to give you more failures than it's worth.