Weapons & Armor

TI_Smithy

Weapons & Armor

Post by TI_Smithy »

Hello everyone I am TI Smithy. I am a UO vet, new player to UOSA and just got recruited into C^V. There was some confusion over what magic modifiers are keepers on weapons and armor. I thought I would post my findings here to help clarify and direct guild mates to keep better quality gear around.

Armor
----DURABILITY---
Exceptional +20% to item HP
Durable +5 to item HP
Substantial +10 to item HP
Massive +15 to item HP
Fortified +20 to item HP
Indestructible +25 to item HP
---AR BONUS---
Key: /+(Neck, Hands), +(Arms, Head, Legs/Feet), +(Body).
Exceptional +20% AR
Defense +5 / +0.4, +0.7, +2.2 to AR
Guarding +10 / +0.7, +1.4, +4.4 to AR
Hardening +15 / +1.1, +2.1, +6.6 to AR
Fortification +20 / +1.4, +2.8, +8.8 to AR
Invulnerability +25 / +1.8, +3.5, +11.0 to AR

Armor actually has 2 AR ratings, what you see and what actually is protecting specific body parts.
The wiki states:
"The AR # before the / indicates the armor's actual Armor Rating for the area that it protects, the # after the slash indicates its contribution to one's total (or combined average) AR (as displayed in the Character Status window), with the exception of Shields. The number before the slash is what actually counts towards AR, the latter number is merely an approximate in-game display. Decimals are rounded to the nearest whole number in-game. "

Look here to see specific AR valueshttp://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/armor.html. I have applied these values to pieces of armor. And what I have found was that Hardening is indeed better then Exceptional quality armors. However without an Indestrutable durability mod on your armor, it will not last as long as exceptional!

Conclusion: Keep Hardening Modifiers or higher!

Weapons
--DURABILTIY--
Durable +10 to item HP
Substantial +20 to item HP
Massive +30 to item HP
Fortified +40 to item HP
Indestructible +50 to item HP

--ACCURACY/TACTICS--
Accurate +5.0 to Tactics or +4.6 to Archery*
Accurate, Surpassingly +10.0 to Tactics or +9.3 to Archery*
Accurate, Eminently +15.0 to Tactics or +14.0 to Archery*
Accurate, Exceedingly +20.0 to Tactics or +18.7 to Archery*
Accurate, Supremely +25.0 to Tactics or +23.3 to Archery*

--DAMAGE--
Exceptional +4 Damage
Ruin +1 damage
Might +3 damage
Force +5 damage
Power +7 damage
Vanquishing +9 damage
Silver Double damage to Undead

The first thing you want to look at when you get a magic weapon is to see if it is Force or better. Exceptional weapons only apply a +4 dmg mod, whereas Force applies +5 dmg. Keep in mind that without a high durability modifier the weapon will break quicker then exceptional quality weapons.

Now for the tricky part, accuracy/tactics modifiers. Tactics extra damage is based off of a percentage. FORMULA: % of Base Damage that is Dealt= Tactics + 50. Using the forumla and applying it to weapons you will find that hard hitting weapons (halberd) will benefit more then soft weapons (daggers) due to percentages.

a halberd with an Eminently accurate (+15) mod is better then exceptional
a dagger with a Supremely accurate (+25) mod is NOT better then exceptional, however, throw in a might damage mod and you may have yourself something better then exceptional... (who uses daggers anyways?, poisoner perhaps)
Reference: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3081&view=previous

Conclusion: If its hard hitting & eminently accurate or better keep it if you like better then exceptional. If its force or better keep it. Any additional modifiers on top of these means that you have something to play around with.

Hope this helps, and I hope its accurate. Found all the information on the forums/wiki.
Last edited by TI_Smithy on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alebrije

Re: Weapons & Armor

Post by Alebrije »

Wow Smithy, this is a really good guide to weps & armor....thnxs for sharing!
I'll definetly find it useful!

Pirul

Re: Weapons & Armor

Post by Pirul »

Excellent post Smithy.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay