Having two Ultima Online installations.

hungrypandabear

Having two Ultima Online installations.

Post by hungrypandabear »

Hi all. I've searched and haven't found anything relevant to this so excuse me if this has been asked before. I guess I'll keep this short.

Is it possible to have two Ultima Online installations on the same computer without virtual machine shenanigans? I want to have the default Second Age client (5.0.8.3) with the music patch as well as a newer Ultima Online installation for messing around in my own shard through RunUO. Prior attempts at this has always ended up with one installation not working properly.

Thanks in advance.

marmalade

Re: Having two Ultima Online installations.

Post by marmalade »

it should be possible. you can specify which client executable you want to run if you're using razor.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

you may have an issue with the registries as it points to your ultima online directory. check it out, there may be a way for it to point to both
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

it more or less depends on which version of newer you are wanting to run side by side

if you mean just an update to date patched 7.0 client it will use the same registry keys as our client, but mondain's legacy, etc use different registry keys.. but i don't specifically know at which point/version the key changes were made .. and i may be wrong about the ML client not using the same keys.

but essentially all you really need to do is to manually select the client exe and data file path in razor to launch each one and they will run ok, especially since the registry keys themselves are not used for anything (like settings, options, etc).