Pets stamina / Mares market

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Soul

Pets stamina / Mares market

Post by Soul »

Hello everyone, Im sure everybody noticed the change of pets stamina running low way faster.
Everybody also noticed that you can reset pets stamina by dismount , say: all follow me, and jump back on your horse.

Question 1 : Is this era accurate?

Another bad thing that came with this, is completly ruined market with Nightmares. You can remember almost every "better" player was riding a mare.
Now? Only few tamers on shard are using them.

Question 2: even If its 110% era accurate , was it necessary to change this part of game and ruin price, market and "population" of those "rare" mounts?

In my opinion mares arent ingame just for few tamers so they can look pimped, they should be your advantage against those who ride normal mounts. Since you need animal lore to command them, you cannot do the all follow me dismount thing and you have to recall or die!

I think this change didnt help to server at all ,It just ruined a little part of UO.
Llama shop - We make trammel mobile! http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21274

Omnicron

Re: Pets stamina / Mares market

Post by Omnicron »

I hate the way stamina is. You should be able to run around more before your pet is to tired to move. You should not be able to jump off, say "all follow me" and continue to run around. The all follow me bug defeats the purpose of pets running out of stamina.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

I can understand all your concerns, I can recall that this was around in this era, which is what this entire shard is about "era accuracy"

I'd like to tell you why I think this was introduced at the time and why I feel this was needed, back in the day it was a lot like previous patch when there was unlimited stamina and mares to non tamers were just a status symbol, the problem is that with infinite stamina nothing is to stop people from running around the world for eternity, ruining the game for many people that make an effort to get good in PvP, now if you want to run away you need to recall, and or fight your way through the threat, or of course die...

The all follow me was a "band aid fix" to appease people wanting to run around the world aimlessly with just a minor annoyance of having to get off "your high horse" and say all follow me to replenish your mana, and it also kept the pvpers content because they can always set up a lovely macro to target the closest horse when a victim tries to refresh his, so you see we all got our way in some shape or form.

Now as far as the Mare market soul, I myself have worked very hard for a GM tamer, and yes the market slowed down a bit, but even when there was infinite stamina people bought them, why? because they still look cooler then anything else, lots of people wouldn't be caught dead with a frenzy ostard and just arn't quite rich enough to start buying em off us tamers, so in my opinion mare prices will get back to their normal rates as soon as this seasons new players starts getting enough "Moola" to afford it, also don't forget the fact that if someone was to die in a dungeon on a mare, most likely everything in that immediate area would be dead and your body would be ready to loot with out much opposition.

You'd be surprised how many lazy tamers there are out there that won't even want to tame their own dragons or mares and will pay to have the work done to them, we don't see too much of these because of the sheer lack of GM tamers, but sure enough as the server grows so will demand for these wonderful pets.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

ill buy some dragons

pm!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

Any way you look at it - era accuracy or otherwise - mount stamina needs to be increased for the good of the shard - not its detriment. Should stamina be unlimited, basically the way it was a month ago? No. But the way it is now is slightly over-kill. So what matters more? Population or accuracy?

Either way, it's retarded. Honestly, jumping off the horse to say "all follow me"?

A 5 year old would call that ridiculous: to change a perfectly fine system to make it convoluted based on anecdotal evidence that negatively effects 100% of the players (who use mounts).

You can throw a pink scarf (or positive spin) on a pig - it's still a pig.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Soul wrote: Question 2: even If its 110% era accurate , was it necessary to change this part of game and ruin price, market and "population" of those "rare" mounts?
Yes it was. Otherwise we go down the slippery slope and land in Trammel because people are sick of being killed.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Faust

Post by Faust »

SoundofGod wrote: A 5 year old would call that ridiculous: to change a perfectly fine system to make it convoluted based on anecdotal evidence that negatively effects 100% of the players (who use mounts).
What anecdotal evidence might that be? The formulas was extracted from the original OSI code for both of these features. The 'all follow me' bug was present in that same code and is well documented feature that was fixed during the UOR publish.

Soul

Post by Soul »

I would like to ask Derrick to answer my 2 questions. Thanks :wink:
Llama shop - We make trammel mobile! http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21274

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Nightmares are usefull... just gotta be wise about it.

Razor macro a dismount and quick feed with raw meats... Slightly longer refresh time then saying all follow me but worth it.

Use a target closest for your opponents mount.

You have a clear advantage of running someone off a lesser mount then yours.

Just gotta be wise about it. :P