Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should "All Follow Me" Refresh Mount Stamina Fully

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 73

Derrick

Re: Horse Stamina *Updated 6/25/10*

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:on the other hand Kaivan specifically said that changing direction should count as a step :s
Indeed, changing directions does count as a step. If you log on to OSI and spin on one tile, you will lose stamina.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

I would like to see the population statistics for before and after the mount stamina patch was implemented. the graph that is available on the main site is too large to get an accurate depiction - but from what i see - it's on a down-slope.

Coincidence? Not a chance.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The same excuse was used for the action delay change. :roll:

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Derrick wrote:I just fixed the mounts who were stamina nerfed.

I just did some non scientific testing in Delucia. I ran laps with my store bought horse, a tamed Forest Ostard, and a tamed Frenzied Ostard. The horse and the Forest Ostard each ran about 2 1/2 laps around town before they stopped.(ran through the fatigued message) The thing that surprised me was the Frenzied Ostard. It crapped out in less than one lap. I thought this was odd, so i stabled it and tried again. I waited till i was at full 25 stamina personally and took off. It stopped dead in about 1/4 of a lap. It continues to puzzle me. Did i tame a nerfed Ozzie?
mount fatigue.jpg
mounthappy.jpg
mounthappy.jpg (229.95 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
So whats the scoop? Are Frenzy Ostards supposed to be king of the stamina heap? Is there a pecking order to mount stamina?(such as:Nightmare, Frenzied Ostard, Forest Ostard, Llama, horse) Do i have to train my mount to have more stamina? Are store bought horses better than tames? Someone help me understand please.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

tell the frenzied "all follow me" before you start, it will refresh it's stamina to full. as far as i know stabling it won't refresh it's stamina.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Met with Derrick and he took one look at my mount (frenzy ostard) and said i should euthinize it. Must be a prepatch ozzie that somehow survived in the wild all this time, because it (i was told) had "less stamina than an orc." I obtained another Frenzied Ostard (much uglier color) and was able to make a full extra lap on the same circuit i had done with the other mounts. Now i have to figure out what to do with my poor lame Ostard.

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

I would set her free in destard. my dragons are hungry
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Not all mounts are built the same by god
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Nicoladen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nicoladen »

Arcott Ramathorn wrote:Met with Derrick and he took one look at my mount (frenzy ostard) and said i should euthinize it. Must be a prepatch ozzie that somehow survived in the wild all this time, because it (i was told) had "less stamina than an orc." I obtained another Frenzied Ostard (much uglier color) and was able to make a full extra lap on the same circuit i had done with the other mounts. Now i have to figure out what to do with my poor lame Ostard.

It's limb.

Put it to sleep cowboy!

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

son wrote:LOL at all you freaking cry babies.

All follow me was a part of t2a, get used to it.
They will not stop crying untill all pets are useless and we are all on foot (Like div) naked as a jaybird with nothing but a hally and some regs.

lotus39

Post by lotus39 »

Dreadnaught wrote:
son wrote:LOL at all you freaking cry babies.

All follow me was a part of t2a, get used to it.
They will not stop crying untill all pets are useless and we are all on foot (Like div) naked as a jaybird with nothing but a hally and some regs.

Ok so this I remember crystal clear as horse stam was a primary source of tactics in t2a on my macer.

I foudn a CD last night that had a backup of my macros.

Horse stam now is exactly as I remember it, however saying all follow me was not.

Its used to be you fed the horse got full stam and went on your way.

Alll follow me was not part of it at all.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

lotus39 wrote: Alll follow me was not part of it at all.
I don't remember it either, but apparently it was.. ?

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

lotus39 wrote: Ok so this I remember crystal clear as horse stam was a primary source of tactics in t2a on my macer.

I foudn a CD last night that had a backup of my macros.

Horse stam now is exactly as I remember it, however saying all follow me was not.

Its used to be you fed the horse got full stam and went on your way.

Alll follow me was not part of it at all.
I got in the habit of feeding mounts because otherwise they'd go wild. That's how I remembered that the bank box should close when remounting with it open. I don't think the horses on UOSA are getting hungry as quickly as they should be. But "all follow me" was a part of it.
Jerome Sep 22 1999, 3:00 am
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ff896d78df

"all follow me" is a command to give full stamina to the horse
If you run fast with your horse he will be tired.. then just unmount him
say "all follow me" and remount him
That's why people say that to restam their horse