Era accuracy... and then what?

Topics related to Second Age
Abe

Era accuracy... and then what?

Post by Abe »

Hello, fellows!

Where would you like the shard to go once era accuracy is perfected (in so much as it can be)?

There are two alternatives:
1. Don't touch anything, leave it as is.
2. Carefully release content and improvements that would not affect the era ruleset and feel.

No need for a poll, I'd like to hear your ideas instead.

Personally, I'd like the shard to go the second way, but with minor and careful updates.
Among the things I'd like to see:
- Make all equipment desirable in some manner: For instance, I know that the war mace being totally undiserable is an era accurate thing, but it would be cool if it had the sames stats as the war axe just for the sake of novelty.
- New human mobs with distinctive appearance and skillset (tribes in the jungle, protecting their territory!). Again, it wouldn't destroy the feel.

What do you think?

Populus

Re: Era accuracy... and then what?

Post by Populus »

I've never heard this before..

Are you saying you want era accuracy, with minor adjustments? That's BRILLIANT!
I wonder how nobody came up with this earlier. It's all so easy, all the years UOSA has been up & running nobody thought of this? Really?

Read/search the forums before you post a brilliant idea like this. There's thousands and thousands of these posts.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

So what your saying is thousand and thousand of people have wanted to do this but like 50 are stopping it?

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Abe

Post by Abe »

Yeah Populus I'm a genius, am I not? I channel the spirit of Richard Gariott...
No seriously, the question was worth asking to me because, reading the website and all, it seems as if the devs of this shard may just want to stop at era accuracy.
The little fact that bandages are cut one by one too, which some people defend, make the question worth asking.
Last edited by Nevermore on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

First, use the search function on this topic.

Second, no.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

To all the above responses saying "lol search the forums noob": stop posting. Noone cares if you feel like you've read a thread one or two or ten times before, and with the 'Stop Posting' function (it's right close to the Search function you're advocating for, if you look real hard you can find it), you too can stop posting so you won't bother new players with your elitism.

To actually answer the question, yes, the plan is to stop at era accuracy. There is no plan to make improvements after that, and I wouldn't expect or want that to happen. Nor would I expect us to ever reach full era accuracy. It's likely going to be a constant evolutionary process that ends some day when Derrick finally loses interest.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I'm going to try and NOT focus on the fact that you've been here less than a month...but I think every poster made a valid point. That if the OP wanted to discuss such business he could have taken an intelligent approach, searched the forums, and found a LOT on the topic at hand.

But no, we are once again beating a dead horse.

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

I've done a good job of keeping my post count down by making effective use of the search function.

I've also manually gone through page after page of forum posts.

Really passes the time when running macros.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Obviously, there aren't going to be deviations from era accuracy. We all learned this long ago. That means that if the shard is to remain fresh and exciting, then the pressure is on the players to make it that way. That is of course while I will be camping WBB saying the same unintelligible nonsense I have been saying for two years. Then I'll get guardwhacked.

Populus

Post by Populus »

chumbucket wrote:Obviously, there aren't going to be deviations from era accuracy. We all learned this long ago. That means that if the shard is to remain fresh and exciting, then the pressure is on the players to make it that way. That is of course while I will be camping WBB saying the same unintelligible nonsense I have been saying for two years. Then I'll get guardwhacked.
We wouldn't want it any other way.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Abe wrote:Era accuracy... and then what?
This is a completely unrealistic thought, but maybe create a progressive UOSA server. what i mean is, day 1 starts with the game as we knew it in late 97/early 98. then following the patch notes, and all our other documented resources on era accuracy, we create a progressively changing server that implements the patch note changes in chronological order all the way until the introduction of UOR. Then revert game mechanics back to day one and restart the cycle. recreating the entire UO t2a experience over and over again.

pretty extensive project so im sure it would never happen, but this would be awesome

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

siege ruleset shard ftw
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

nightshark wrote:siege ruleset shard ftw
This.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

My prediction: It will take a LONG time to reach a point where Derrick kicks back in his chair and says, "Ahhhhhhh, completely Era Accurate! BAZINGA!"

If and when that happens, I would FULLY expect the man to take a much needed vacation.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

i hears u forum boys talking about OP quite frequently, what is the actual meaning, Over Powered?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit