Wireless

Myg

Re: Wireless

Post by Myg »

You worry too much, just get a new one; im sure they will help you out. :-)

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Mikel123 wrote:I assume I somehow have to set it up again with my account name and password to connect to ethernet, or something like that?
when they give you a new modem they will take down the mac id of the modem and thats all they need.. you dont need to do anything except plug it in

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sweetness, OK cool.

I keep going back and forth on this. I'm going to stick it out a bit longer. I have a suspicion it's not the router but Comcast is just overloaded in Boston now that all the college kids are back. Don't know why it would work 100% capacity and then 0% for a few minutes... I'd expect extra people to make it slow all over... like 90% effective (laggy) all of the time. But whatever. I also got a weird Windows Defender message about it removing a virus a couple weeks ago. I've restarted a bunch of times since then and haven't seen that come up again, so I assume that's resolved. Man I hate computers sometimes.

Myg

Post by Myg »

Viruses these days can be more then meets the eye mike, I'd suggest getting your hands on an extra anti virus program or two to see if its really gone.