I'm out - ghosting and 3v1 is just dumb

Topics related to Second Age
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: I'm out - ghosting and 3v1 is just dumb

Post by chumbucket »

Blakheart wrote:yup one of the things that keep me out also...ghosting and such just sooooo non period. That and care-bearing the pks made it feel very unlike original uo.
500 online lol...like that 500 isnt made up of under a hundred players. Very un-second age.
Wonder if they could have 1k real account online if they quit catering to the pk kiddie griefers. Others free shards seem to be able to.
Trammel for reds is what its become. Oh wait...they dont even really go red here.
Honestly, you are the Trammel-ite here. PKs and griefers are not catered to here. No one is. The mission and plan is very clear: era accuracy. In fact, this had made griefing very difficult. Just from my point of view, consider that recent patches have made it so: you can't steal deeds, you can't steal runebooks except by tremendous luck, it is very very difficult to sneak into a house even if the person is very careless, stealth plus stealing were made unusable a while back, the death of the archerbots. And so on.

Of course, the point isn't that thieves got nerfed. The point is that we are getting closer to era accuracy, which Derrick has made plain a million times means mechanical accuracy. Ghosting is mechanically accurate. So you can't come here and complain that OMG NOT WHAT I HEARD ABOUT!

PKs are absolutely not a problem here. Two words: RECALL MACRO. Learn to use it and you will NEVER die to a PK.

Also, how is it that you "keep out" of the shard but are here posting?

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Well put....whiners like this guy truly are what started Trammel in the first place (many of us were there and watched as it happened)...the quicker all these idiots go elsewhere the better the shard will be.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

BlackFoot wrote:stop playing a multiplayer game liek a single player game and your problems dissappear.
What makes this game unique is that you can play this multiplayer game as a single player without relying on others to achieve greatness.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Valdric

Post by Valdric »

TheEttinKing wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:stop playing a multiplayer game liek a single player game and your problems dissappear.
What makes this game unique is that you can play this multiplayer game as a single player without relying on others to achieve greatness.
Certainly you can play UO without relying on others, but it sounds like the OP doesn't expect to have any interaction with other players (whether it's wanted or not) while playing. That's something you really can't avoid; it's still an MMO and interaction with others is inevitable.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

chumbucket wrote:
Blakheart wrote:PKs are absolutely not a problem here. Two words: RECALL MACRO. Learn to use it and you will NEVER die to a PK.
Agreed. Since I've been back (about a month now) I've been pk'd one time out of about 20-25 attempts and that was simply because I was relaxed and I happened to be right near the pk groups gate in spot.

Make a recall macro: Cast Recall - wait for target - target rune. Works 99% of the time.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Melryn Moonstone

Post by Melryn Moonstone »

my guild, Dungeon Guards has been trying to group together when hunting in dungeons and fighting off the PK's (usually dying in a horrible mess) but sometimes we get the job done :) join up or find a similar guild that groups together and its not too bad :)
Melryn Moonstone - Dungeon Guards

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I've seen DG around. Your tactics and preparedness are poor, but your spirit and willingness to fight are excellent.

I will say, as far as tactics go, you guys are all about offense and entirely ignore your own health. Your #1 priority shouldn't be killing PKs in the fight, it should be living. Even as a PK, that's how I play. If I am at 50% and someone else is at 50%, I'll likely focus on healing up.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Arkon wrote:
chumbucket wrote:
Blakheart wrote:PKs are absolutely not a problem here. Two words: RECALL MACRO. Learn to use it and you will NEVER die to a PK.

Agreed. Since I've been back (about a month now) I've been pk'd one time out of about 20-25 attempts and that was simply because I was relaxed and I happened to be right near the pk groups gate in spot.

Make a recall macro: Cast Recall - wait for target - target rune. Works 99% of the time.

+2.

I last got nailed about 10 weeks ago, being lazy and not paying sufficient attention, two-timed "by surprise" after a mob had already dropped my Reflect; nevertheless, I almost got away.

One other time, long ago, it was because my newb had forgotten her Recall rune in the bank ...

Generally, we only get PKed when we forget how to play.

Having said that, I interpret ghosting as an exploit of the shard mechanics, "free accounts, three accounts", which clearly renders the practice era-inaccurate.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Obfuscq

Post by Obfuscq »

Halogen wrote:Well put....whiners like this guy truly are what started Trammel in the first place (many of us were there and watched as it happened)...the quicker all these idiots go elsewhere the better the shard will be.
Yeah keep leaving until there is nobody left to kill...

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Obfuscq wrote:
Halogen wrote:Well put....whiners like this guy truly are what started Trammel in the first place (many of us were there and watched as it happened)...the quicker all these idiots go elsewhere the better the shard will be.
Yeah keep leaving until there is nobody left to kill...
Back in my day 2+ year ago we didn't tolerate Trammelites, and the shard is still just fine dagnambit.

KleinSSJ

Post by KleinSSJ »

Mikel123 wrote:Well, it wasn't around in 1999 I don't think, was it? I remember ICQ was how most guilds communicated.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of funny... UO in 1999-2000 was the last time I played a video game when it was actually "current". Messed around with a TON of stuff since - mostly well after anyone cared about it anymore... but to say I'm behind the times in this area would be an understatement.
These are things that, sadly, have somewhat ruined UO forever. In 1997, we started using IRC - which we used, until we all quit. Back then, nobody could yell "3-2-1 exp eb on soandso!". We all relied on practice and good team skills, without being able to communicate much in a fight - which is why my guild excelled over most others. Ive said, forever, that razor needs to detect vent/ts/etc and not allow connections if the process is running, but that will never happen. So ive signed up for UOSA, knowing well, that all I will be doing is dueling; because, I just dont care to gank people in a skill-less battle of who can say '3-2-1 eb' first.

Also, ghosting almost didnt exist. Accounts were payed for, and nobody was spending 12 bucks a month to have a ghost check a room all the time.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

I'm not convinced that these constant ghost scouts in every hot spot really exist.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

KleinSSJ

Post by KleinSSJ »

BobDobbs wrote:I'm not convinced that these constant ghost scouts in every hot spot really exist.
agreed, but ive only been hunting big $ stuff for a few days.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

BobDobbs wrote:I'm not convinced that these constant ghost scouts in every hot spot really exist.

I've observed the following, in several places, in several dungeons:

After Provoking/BladeSpiriting a room, and then off-screening, I come back to find
  • in some rooms, mobs untouched since I left, resuming damage upon my return, and
  • in other rooms, mobs nearly dead in the short time since I left ...
I have observed this during periods when nobody, but nobody (confirmed by Tracking), with a live character was anywhere nearby (not even "passing through").

If only as a function of reflexive paranoia, I don't linger in the 2nd type of room ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

There are ghost .. Major spawns when I use to hunt were ghosted 90% of the time and of the 90% 50% of that time were ghosted by more then one. However it is easy enough to send your own ghost through a gate to check out the area .. Or to just let the ghosting players you know they are their and are ready to either fight or run, and that they aren't going to just get an easy kill.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy