Magic Arrow trick

Topics related to Second Age
LNP

Magic Arrow trick

Post by LNP »

Anyone know the trick where you shoot a magic arrow into the distance? I've seen it done on this server before. It used to be, on OSI, target mount, get on mount, cast magic arrow, and then hit the last target hotkey. I can't figure it out, this technique isn't working. Anyone know how to do it?

platy

Re: Magic Arrow trick

Post by platy »

fireworks wand!
but that explodes into fireworks.. hehe
not really sure sry!

Faust

Post by Faust »

The trick back in the day involved placing your mount on last target and hopping back onto it followed with a magic arrow using last target. The magic arrow would fly in the distance across the screen.

I'm not quite sure if it works on here like that or not.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

wasn't the ability to target your mount like that patched out a while back.. i seem to recall

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

On osi we could use the last target your mount and shoot magic arrow at last target. IT was our main way of flagging without getting a count.

I would imagine the target mount was taken out to avoid horse duping bugs. We used this trick on osi to ban the horse you were sitting on and duplicate it outside. People would sell mares and they would eventually disapear after you sold them.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

It was definitely still usable in UO:R.

I've done it here on UOSA before, not sure if it still works or not.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

rouss

Post by rouss »

The trick is based on the mechanics of mounting/demounting a horse on OSI server software.

When you mount it, it hides the horse, teleports to a special place on map and then kills it. After that server redraws your graphic in mounted state. Room is located in "dungeon" area of the map and magic arrow graphics "flies" directly there.

So if it works this way on RunUO, it might be possible.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —