Debuff Disrupts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Which system should be in place?

Current system
67%
Debuffs should consistently disrupt
33%

Total votes: 36

crabjuice

Re: Debuff Disrupts

Post by crabjuice »

Well, can't you atleast see if his low level damage spells such as harm, MA, fireball would disrupt you even if you resisted them?

Faust

Post by Faust »

That can't be tested to a full degree due to not having a high level of resist for a decent trial run. However, I will have to say that at my lovely 20 resist harm did interupt me 90+ percent of the time, and magic arrow rarely interupted me even at my low resist. This only means that it was based on a damage formula for interupts according to the patch notes. We are currently using this same type of system.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Add me to the Harm spam camp.

Either Debuff interupts wernt known at the time or all the PKS i ran with and all the PKS who killed me didnt know about it..... I spent the later half of t2a guild warring for most of my time. We fought KGB (one of the better known guilds on pac) and were members of Fallen Lords and Nightmare Clan... Im not including myself with this but these guilds had some of the best PvP'ers on the shard... From my memory harm was the only debuff constantly cast...

In any case harm was purely used as a interupt spell... It would of been MA except for the time delay and if it was reflected it could come back and interupt your own toon.

WoozyRargar

Post by WoozyRargar »

Faust wrote:I have done a full trial run on this issue with the demo tonight just a few minutes ago. I managed to get the npc mage out of town to see if the casted debuffs would work. Sadly, the npc's during this era apparently did not cast debuffs. All he would cast was damage spells and paralyze. This issue still remains open regretfully. I was for sure I would be able to clear it up tonight, but I did not expect the mage AI for this era to react in this fashion. I'm sorry I could not confirm or deny this issue through the demo. I still hope something will come up one way or the other eventually.
Ah, darn. So, I guess trying to get a mob to debuff you wouldn't work? Anyway, thanks for trying.

youre bad

Post by youre bad »

So, what do the subjective readings and this "demo" have to say about increasing the % of harm disrupts? Personally, I believe 100% would be the best for skilled pvp, but something higher than it is would be great. Say 95%? This would allow it to be useful enough to use in combos, but also make it stupid to use just spamming/hally hitting.

To those worried about getting pkd by people spamming disrupts: welcome to UO. You have horses, if you get pkd on a horse you need to brush up on your UO playing.

Edit: and btw npcs will never cast a debuff on you while you are already debuffed in that respective stat. So toss that idea.

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

I agree

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

youre bad wrote:So, what do the subjective readings and this "demo" have to say about increasing the % of harm disrupts? Personally, I believe 100% would be the best for skilled pvp, but something higher than it is would be great. Say 95%? This would allow it to be useful enough to use in combos, but also make it stupid to use just spamming/hally hitting.

To those worried about getting pkd by people spamming disrupts: welcome to UO. You have horses, if you get pkd on a horse you need to brush up on your UO playing.

Edit: and btw npcs will never cast a debuff on you while you are already debuffed in that respective stat. So toss that idea.
Any information derived from the demo about disrupt chance would have to be attained by testing various skill levels of Magery scaling up from 0 to 100. Then and only then would we be able to determine exactly how significant the ability of particular spells was to disrupt at various Magery skill levels. Of course, even with that it would take a great deal of testing just to get enough data on various circles of spells due to the randomness of NPC mage casting. Finally, there is still no information on how significant the effect of magic resist would be in these instances. That is mainly because the actual results of resisting a spell changed in early 99 as a part of the series of combat changes between November 98 and April 99.

Overall, this is a very difficult task which only provides somewhat accurate information on the subject, so I wouldn't expect us to be extrapolating any significant data from the demo about disrupt rates.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

youre bad

Post by youre bad »

Ok so youve concluded there you have no idea... so a slight tweak following the same rulset which would vastly improve pvp and not go against any evidence would be good right?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This thread was set up as a poll though, if we were to make a decision arbitrary to the accuracy concern, the poll results would lead us against the change anyway.

youre bad

Post by youre bad »

Well harms have nothing to do with the debuffs. I'll set up a poll when I think the population is smart enough ;p.

crabjuice

Post by crabjuice »

Yeah, I have to admit I didn't format this poll very well haha.