Dragon Breath line of sight

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Loathed

Dragon Breath line of sight

Post by Loathed »

Was speaking with a gm last night, asked if dragon breath and spells have same line of sight checks- From what we both gathered they do. This rpv however says differntly.

http://www.uomovies.com/download/3500.RPV

as you can see, the dragons are all casting and at one point I have their target stationary for a good bit of time, there is no start animation for the dragon breath until the target actually goes east a bit. Anyhow, figured i'd let ya know that dragon breathe line of sight is bugg'd atm and will not always work, not sure what's causing this.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Dragon Breath line of sight

Post by Mikel123 »

Also, dragons should attack red players on sight. I think I made a post about this, not sure.

You can also get a clear demo of this, one dragon at a time, by going to East Destard, putting a dragon on the other side of some stalagmites, and taming it. It gets angry and fires off spells, but can't "see" you with firebreath.

I have a hunch that spells have some sort of distinct line-of-sight coding after that big LOS patch, since there are also other instances in which I can target a pet off of a cliff with a skill, but not a spell.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Yes, the fact that Cryo is farming with 30 dragons all on one tile using the mass "all guard" attack with his Red tamer perplexes me.

Those Dragons should be attacking him.

BTW in case no GM's noticed this, you can use "All Guard" to mass attack anything with any amount of pets (just like all kill used to be). What seems to be wrong here is this:

Red Tamer using 30 dragons all on one tile attacks a random player. The very second the random player "auto defends" by a punch of whatever is in his hand, all 30 dragons attack him at once. There is no way to avoid the instant death.

At the very least the dragons should be doing a command check when someone attacks the guarded tamer. Also, as it was before, if a tamer initially attacked something his pets would not defend him. Its was only when he was initially attacked that the pets would defend.

Its Cheap and most likely out of era.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

atm dragons do attack reds on sight (generally) though they don't attack the tamer himself/herself.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

...which is a problem, if the tamer is red :-)

Rose, I'm not sure there's anything malfunctioning with the "all guard me" stuff. Commands without targets worked like that in 1999; commands requiring targets only worked for one pet at a time.

Additionally, there was some reasoning a while back about pets remembering their last command upon being stabled, such that they'd be claimed doing that same thing. I don't remember much about the circumstances of this, but it was probably June/July/August 2009 when this was discussed, if you want to search for it.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Scenario:

* Red tamer at Lich lord's farming with 30 single tile "stacked" dragons.
* An exploring player runs in to see a red tamer and his "stacked" dragons.
* Red Tamer attacks exploring player.
* Exploring player auto defends (all the tabbing in the world wont save him because the tamer is spamming attack last), and throws an innocent defense punch.
* The split second the exploring player auto defends with his innocent punch, 30 dragons kill him before he can take a single step.

End of Scenario.

Before the recent pet patch, pets in guard mode would NOT attack anyone who the tamer has already attacked first. The only way the pets actually attacked in guard mode was when the initial combat flag was against the tamer.

It looks really silly when Cyro just sits are Lich lords farming and obliterating anything or anyone that comes his way.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Dragon breath should use the same line of sight checks but have a smaller range limitation than spells.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i can see how breathe would be shorter range, but wouldn't be like 5 tiles, i've had dragon's breathe their flames on me a good 8+ tiles at times, and i'm speaking of when their animation starts.

As for the thing about auto defend. I think it's cheesy no doubt about it. Dragons defending their master anytime something/somone hits them- but accurate i dunno where to look. Already google'd myself silly on this one, and the archive of patch notes don't say much specifics. I do know the way it is now, if the player i attack misses me or doesn't swing for that matter when they autodefend nothing happens. Hope that shows a lil more light on it.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The range limit in the original code was 8 or 9 tiles can't remember exactly but it's one or the other.

Spells are 10 tiles but both should probably be using the same line of sight.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

indeed, that's why i made the video, i actually have another i'll post soon, i'm about 3 tiles or less from a dragon he's casting on me, but no fire breath at all.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The LOS problem will be fixed in the next patch.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”