Provoked monsters just staring at each other

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Provoked monsters just staring at each other

Post by BobDobbs »

Lately I've been having problems with provoked monsters just standing there instead of attacking each other. The provocation is successful, the monsters walk towards each other but when they are within melee combat range they just stop and stand there.

I can't provoke the same two monsters, as they will still just stand there. But if I provoke a different monster onto either one, it will fight the newly provoked monster and then turn back to the original target and begin fighting it.

Moving the monster(s) seems to fix whatever prevented them from engaging in combat on the first provocation.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Provoked monsters just staring at each other

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

could there have been something obstructing the two such as a stealther?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

*Sigh*

No. Hence the part about being in melee combat range.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Howl

Post by Howl »

I've noticed this too at Titans. I think it may have something to do with the tile elevation as it seemed to happen more often on the dirt paths than it did the grassways or sandy areas.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I've experienced this in PvP combat, in areas such as tera keep. If I am standing on one of the ladders are another player is standing 1 tile away from me at the top of the ladder, there is no LOS for melee combat, but I can still cast spells on them. It has also happened on hills in T2A which seems entirely like a bug and not intended.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This sounds similar to the dragon breath problem. Looking into this. thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."