RP & RoE Clarity

morganm

RP & RoE Clarity

Post by morganm »

To our esteemed leadership,

Is DG a roleplaying guild? I know the guild introduction does not mention anything about roleplaying but I just wanted this to be clear.

There seems to be a lack of consensus with regards to how we engage Urks, other RP guilds, or any other adversaries for that matter. After our skirmish this last Sunday there was a lot of chatter about looting, res'ing, and debate whether or not there were any Rules of Engagement with the Urks. Has there already been some sort of agreement made with the Urks that everyone should be aware of or is this something new that is still being developed? Are we going to have specific RoE with anyone or perhaps just an over-arching policy for how we engage everyone equally? Again; I'm just seeking clarity here...

Thank you,
Crow

Eddard

Re: RP & RoE Clarity

Post by Eddard »

I do not know about how DG does things but as Urk is a roleplay guild as we in IL are, we do not loot the orcs and they extend the same courtesy to us as well. If you loot them, they will loot you.
Eddard Vahanian
High Constable of Shadowmire

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If Urks arent looting, that's OOC for orcs isn't it?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

As far as I know we are not RP and we loot when we fight. I recall some discussion about looting rules with the Urks but I'm not sure how set in stone they are. I also noticed in your other post that the Urks said that they will be dry looting us, so I think the same should apply. I'll defer to Melryn though for an official answer.

-"Officer" Leonidas

morganm

Post by morganm »

I re-read the note I got from an Urk... it sounds like that at some of their events they are "out for blood" and will loot anything they want. However I've received subsequent notes stating that overall the Urks try to adhere to common RP chivalry; loot only what you need, res if you can, spare their mount, no res killing... basically don't be a douche =P The objective is to have fun; not to causing grief.

Melryn Moonstone

Post by Melryn Moonstone »

In DG Roleplay is not required, but certainly welcome, and i like to do it from time to time and on special occassions!
As for the Orcs, at the moment we have a no "dry loot" policy with them, but its hard to define what a "dry loot" is. So i am thinking we should change this to a no loot at all policy. I'll discuss with their leadership when i get the chance.

Unfortunately with large numbers of people everywhere, things get chaotic, members of both sides break the rule and things go to pot quite quick.!

At the very least i hope we can maintain a no res kill / no horse kill policy.
Melryn Moonstone - Dungeon Guards

jlf2n

Post by jlf2n »

I'm afraid a no loot policy will only foster ill will in the long run. As both guilds grow it will be very difficult for both parties to police all members and enforce a no loot rule. I would much rather see a policy that lets both parties know that looting is up to the individual so that everyone is clear going into a melee that you could potentially lose most of your stuff. This way everyone is clear up front about how things could potentially go and they can adjust accordingly when a fight breaks out by banking things they dont want to lose. As it stands it only takes one rouge member from either side to dry loot someone and then a tit for tat breaks out.

A good example would be during the Urk raid on DG town the other day I was low on regs and looted a full regs bag off of an Urk so I could continue fighting. At the time I was brand new and was unaware of any loot policies on T2A as I am also new to the server as well. It was way more than I needed but we were greatly out numbered during this fight and I had no way of taking "only what I needed" and instead had to grab it and run to keep from being surrounded with walls of stone. I'm sure the guy who came back to loot his body was upset but what was I supposed to do? withdraw from the fight and let them over run us?

These are just my thoughts and in no way respresents the thoughts of the leadership of DG.