Thief template?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
marmalade

Re: Thief template?

Post by marmalade »

hiding/stealth + fighting skills don't go so well together. you won't be able to kill anyone with fighting skills unless you're on a mount, which means you wont be able to stealth. likewise, when you're dismounted and stealthing, your warrior skills will be pretty useless.

ontop of that, unless you're using scrolls to recall with, you'll be fizzling alot with 30 magery.

savage018

Post by savage018 »

Not planning on using Stealth, just Hiding.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

oh my bad, i didnt read it properly. it looks good then, although i would probably still have more than 30 magery.

shiva.shampoo

Post by shiva.shampoo »

Here is a template I want to share but I'm not decided it on yet.

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Snooping
100 Stealing
100 Poisoning
80 Fencing
60 Healing
60 Anatomy

What is your opinion?

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

shiva.shampoo wrote:Here is a template I want to share but I'm not decided it on yet.

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Snooping
100 Stealing
100 Poisoning
80 Fencing
60 Healing
60 Anatomy

What is your opinion?
Fighting skills are near worthless on a stealther. To stealth, you can't use a mount. To fight, you must use a mount. I would recommend that your first thief be pure stealth with magery resist and wrestling (the stay-alive skills).

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

chumbucket wrote:
shiva.shampoo wrote:Here is a template I want to share but I'm not decided it on yet.

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Snooping
100 Stealing
100 Poisoning
80 Fencing
60 Healing
60 Anatomy

What is your opinion?
Fighting skills are near worthless on a stealther. To stealth, you can't use a mount. To fight, you must use a mount. I would recommend that your first thief be pure stealth with magery resist and wrestling (the stay-alive skills).

This, and if you're planning on using a dexxer/thief you will definitely need to gm that fencing. You can do a townie dexxer or one that can go out of town (with magery and resist). I started with a townie dexxer thief, but got too bored sticking around town all the time so I dropped my hiding and snooping for resist and magery and went for a med/warrior template almost.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This template hasn't been mentioned, great for "steal and run" provided you carry a few regs

GM Mage
GM Resist
GM Wrestle

GM Stealth
GM Hiding
GM Stealing
GM Snooping

You don't want to be sticking around for long since it has no med, it's more like steal a few things and recall. The only real substitution you could make is resist for meditation, but being able to cast for extended periods of time seems pointless to me vs the added defense.

In general I don't like playing my thief (with the above template) just because I find players have a lack of things worth stealing. This char is great for house looting though, the GM magery allows you to gate loot out of houses and get back inside. GM Resist/wrestle will stop you being killed if the owner finds you.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

TheScoundrelRico

Post by TheScoundrelRico »

As I have always taught young thieves. Either be a thief or be a fighter. You can do both, but poorly if you have to play a thug thief. If you want to steal and get away, build up a template that is designed to do that. When designing your template, think about the who what and where you'll be stealing. This will help you to choose your skills correctly based on how you want to play.

Personally, no thief should be without GM Snoop, Hide and Steal, but after that, there are 400 more points to distribute based on your playstyle.

I am having a blast right now even though the shard era doesn't allow for disarm thieves.

If you are curious what my template is I'll tell you what skills I have, but not at what levels since I am working on that myself.

Stealing
Hiding
Snooping
Stealth
Healing
Anatomy
Magery
Detect Hidden
Item Id
Tracking

All packed nicely into 700 skill points, lol...la

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

^Hold up :lol:
Aren't these all variants of the cat box miner?

A PVP thief

Weapon
Tactics
Anatomy 90
Resist 90
Stealing 90
Magery 70
Snoop 60
Healing

The one thing I always hated about most people's rogue templates are they are made to steal then run away.
Which either is like playing the lottery or picking up junk from around brit bank.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

freakitout

Post by freakitout »

/deleted by myself