Patch 140 - Jan 19-26: RunUO 2.1 + misc item mechanics.

Information on the latest Server Patches
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 140 - Jan 19-26: RunUO 2.1 + misc item mechanics.

Post by DrFaustus »

Octivianna...NO MY LOVE!!!!!
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

DrFaustus wrote:Octivianna...NO MY LOVE!!!!!
you can't even spell your own character name? fishy

i told you your days were numbered
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

anyone wanna buy a CBD yo!?

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

"Other tools no longer need to be in the players backpack to be used, if in the open and in range. That is, you will now be able to use the tools that are in the open at public buildings."

I cannot use the Smith Hammer outside of the Blacksmith near Brit GY. Thanks!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SoundofGod wrote:"Other tools no longer need to be in the players backpack to be used, if in the open and in range. That is, you will now be able to use the tools that are in the open at public buildings."

I cannot use the Smith Hammer outside of the Blacksmith near Brit GY. Thanks!
Thanks, looking into this. Must have partially botched this one, it was a midnight effort.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Bull

Post by Bull »

Great patch. Very smart and fair to stand by your word in regards to grandfathered items.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

i still have one CBD and didn't hear or know anything about grandfathered items prior to it being too late. was there a warning about this? wish i knew, i would've blessed a mask or something cool.

also, how breakable are sandals when one is wearing other clothes? do they take any amount of damage if i'm in a deathrobe or wearing a tunic and skirt, half apron and a hat?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Nice patch Derrick.

Considering the chest is the place most hits land, non-grandfathered sandals and masks will still last you a looooong time, unless you constantly strive to find macers to fight.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Not sure how this was affected by this last patch, but here we go

Prior to the patch- any guarding pet: upon attacking the pet's master or hitting the pets master, all pets would attack the target (unless they're already attacking something) even if they cast mass curse (i.e white wyrms) they'll still be attacking the original target until 1 of 2 things happen- the target goes offscreen in one form or another or dies.
Currently- if guarding pets are attacking one target as stated above, but mass curse is cast by them and it hits another target, they immediately and continue to attack the other targets there after. To my knowledge the guard me command would cause the wyrm/dragon/what'have'u always attack the original target until it died or left screen.

Any ideas? See me in game for duplication of this.

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_14

The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 14 on November 30, 2001.

"Characters will continue to be able to use Tinkering to create gems-based jewelry — however, changes to the crafting system will disallow creation of such items as a "million diamonds necklace," in two specific ways. This first relates to being able to craft with resources only available in one's pack — in the case of the diamonds, only 4000 diamonds can be put into one's backpack (leaving the character weighing 414 stone in total). The second involves fixing a bug wherein the new item was incorrectly named after the stack of diamonds, and not after the one diamond that was used in the creation of the piece of jewelry. "

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

New damages are awesome for duelling.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Added 1/29/2011:
  • Some monster/animal group spawns, especially hellhounds were sometimes failing to operate properly after shard restart, this has been fixed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

nightshark wrote:New damages are awesome for duelling.
So is hally damage slightly less overall?

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

you no longer get a massive bonus for having a fully repaired weapon

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

2/4/2011:
  • A problem with high end magic weapons and armor drops on monster corpses has been fixed. No highest level weapons or armor had been dropping at all for quite some time on corpses, and may have been over weighted in treasure chests. See: Bloods, and ancient wyrms loot issue?
  • Frenzied Ostards, Dark Steeds, and Silver Steeds will no longer eat fruit, they are carnivores.
2/8/2011:
  • A severe bug that has caused at least one shard hang, and possibly all of them over the past couple months was found and fixed this morning. This bug was confirmed to cause the shard to lock up based on a specific but unusual player action.
This bug has been active on the shard for almost three years, and is likely the cause of a majority of the hangs we've experienced over the years. There have been other known and fixed glitches in the past that have had the same hang effect; but I believe this is the elusive one that I've been searching for for a long time.