Supporting Second Age

News and Announcements
Derrick

Re: Supporting Second Age

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for you intrest, and welcome to Second Age. I'm really glad you are enjoying the shard.
Aye, any donation amount will get you that awsome forum title. :D
Sometimes I have to do a little digging to figure out who a donation came from, but generally I can match the email address of the donor to the email address in the forum registration. You can always add a note with your donation as well.

Thanks!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Donations tend to sink some when there's no mention of it for some time.

I just wanted to throw out a very friendly reminder that we do accept donations, and that all monies collected will be used wisely and entirely on the shard.

Our monthly costs have remained stable, but donations have been dwindling in recent weeks, mostly due to loss of subscriptions from older players who have moved on. We try not to ask, or make anyone feel obligated or guilty for not donating but things are getting a little tight. (Not to say the existence of the shard is threatened by any means).

Our donations have always just about covered the direct costs of the shard on average, with a few very appreciated benefactors stepping up in times of need.

If you have a fiver kicking around in your paypal account, UOSA would sure appreciate it.

This is not a request for any large donations. We're not "bad off", there has just been a downward trend in support recently, and likely only becuase most players don't know that the far majority of our budget is player donations.

I have after much personal debate put some advertisement at the bottom of the forums which may (or may not) help a little (it will also not run all the time). We are also partially supported by advertising revenue from JoinUO which probably adds up to a couple average subscribers per month.

For more information on making a Donation, or Subscribing to Second Age please see the following page on our main website:
Making a donation to Second Age

Also note, we do not sell anything on UOSA; all donations are donations; and very appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

http://i.imgur.com/5UQI4.jpg
Was happy I received my mug today! I'd lighten up the "uosecondage.com" text or make it bolder, it's really difficult to read.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice :)
Can I use that as a customer action shot?

Yeah, I hear you on the uosecondage.com lettering, it looked better in photoshop :(
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:Nice :)
Can I use that as a customer action shot?

Yeah, I hear you on the uosecondage.com lettering, it looked better in photoshop :(
Absolutely :)

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

the cigarettes are what make it believable

did you roll those ns?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Panthor the Hated wrote:the cigarettes are what make it believable

did you roll those ns?
Yeah, they are rolls. I'd just been engaging in some leet PvP and needed a coffee and two smokes.

Kidding, one of them was rolled for my friend.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I want to thank all of the donors and subscribers to Second Age; without the selfless donations to UOSA it would be a struggle to keep the shard funded.

It's long been a challenge to find a way to recognize our supporters, as we give no form of in-game reward or preferential treatment for donations to the shard. I've just instituted a new forum group for active subscribers so that these members have a special hue to their forum names, and are listed in the membership of the new "Subscribers" group.

Please thank these players for their contribution to the shard. Second Age is not for profit: we barely make ends meet here.

I've also allotted this group an expanded size PM inbox, to the maximum of 9999, vs the 250 messages most forum accounts are limited to.

Finding ways to encourage support of the shard; while keeping the game "straight" is a struggle we've faced for some time. Ideas on other ways that we could thank our donors and subscribers are very welcome.

If you are interested in becoming a subscriber to Second Age, or to make a one time donation of any amount (no amount is too small), please visit the Support The Shard page on our main website.

Thanks!

ps: Subscription emails don't always match the forum account, so if i missed any current subscribers in the new list, please let me know!