Player town for PoD

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should PoD have a player town with addons.

Poll ended at Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 87

Sir Lagsalittle

Re: Player town for PoD

Post by Sir Lagsalittle »

I did not vote as I am too new to the server to have a say in the goings-on regarding private towns, however, I do have a few opinions about PoD:

First off, I don't see them as RPers (at least not my interactions with Kandor and a certain Johnny Cash II). Both (or perhaps it's the same person) seem to me to be nothing more than run of the mill PKers and borderline griefers.

A mistake by my brother during a hunting trip in T2A enabled Kandor and Johnny Cash (or one or the other, I don't remember the original 2) to get a key to our brand new boat. Bear in mind, we had been on the server I think 2 days at this point and had just spent our last dime on that boat.

Needless to say, we were displeased, but we've played UO long enough to know a thing or two about boat fighting. So anyway, the PoD fellows floated our boat back to the real world with our ghosts on it and to an island where they ran down to the boat with a ghost of their own (this was Johnny Cash II), who said, quite RP-ly "dudes you might as well get off this is our boat now". To which I replied "Never gonna happen". He said "lol we'll just block this bitch in and it will be a waiting game then", so I challenged him with "Do your worst, sweetheart." Another "lol" from him, and the character shuffling began, but, apparently being new to boat control wars, a short time later he gated the living character off the boat.

Needless to say, it was off to the races for me and my brother. He logged a living character and we made a mad dash to Jhelom, where he got onboard and stood in the recall spot, however, since Johnny Cash still had the ghost on board, he knew our location and pretty soon another blue character in PoD showed up. Another "lol" later, and he was on the boat and sailing away... but then he simply sailed down the coast of Jhelom and got off!! We took control yet again and took off for the open ocean.

I don't really remember the intervening time, but what ended up happening was, while floating in the open ocean (keeping the boat moving so it couldn't be recalled to), we happened to run into another boat with ghosts on board and one of them standing on the gangplank. Shock of shocks, when I jumped aboard their vessel, the boat key was sitting on the deck. Simply sitting there! A few quick character changes and that boat key was in the bank of a living character and a chair put in the recall spot.

What we ended up doing was blocking in the first boat (which we had bought) with the second boat (which we had found), and in so doing, we happened to check the tillerman.... Title of the second boat? "Stolen by PoD" Needless to say, we were very happy to have come upon the spoils of their piracy!

So we blocked in the first boat, planning to wait out the ghost Johnny Cash (who was simply sitting on the deck preventing us from drydocking the boat), but he never went away. Instead, at some point, Kandor floated 2 more boats in to block in the two my brother and I controlled. I worked my tail off and made enough to get a 3rd boat, which I used as a recalling platform, and as soon as the server came back up, I recalled in, and attempted to drydock... but Johnny Cash's ghost was still there on the boat. So he utilized a script to log himself back into the game and got the drop on me by a mere seconds. Leaving a ghost on a boat to prevent someone from reclaiming it is not roleplaying, nor is "lol" "dude" and "bitch" type comments.

Anyway, the following morning, I took additional steps to be ready and the split second the server came up, I was in, DDed the first boat, and took off on my recall platform. My brother logged in his ghost character that was on the first boat and was on land... with Johnny Cash's ghost sitting next to him. He taunted ad nauseum, but got no response, nor did the ghost move, hence the proof of a log-on script (unless that's a feature of Razor I don't know about). Anyway, we banked our boat and the "Stolen by PoD" boat, and took our 3rd boat out for more adventuring!

So before PoD gets a pirate town, they need to do a few things:

1) Learn the finer points of boat control and true piracy. Murdering AFK fishermen does a pirate make.

2) Roleplay the part of a pirate. My brother and I spent a few years roleplaying pirates on production shards, and we never spoke contemporary, ya bilge rats!

So, in conclusion, the score is: Cap'n's Crunch and Morgan: 1, PoD: -1 (You didn't get to keep our boat and ended up losing a boat to us).

:P

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Tisk tisk. If only i was johny cash but im not. and we arnt full RP just semi at times. But i will asure you that if i was there stealing ur ship ur wouldnt have goten it back. and the other ship you found was a ship that we didnt want to steal so we left the key for its owner. He was a miner and we killed him twice and got on the ship both times. :)

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Update. PoD moved away from fire isle so we could own a whole island by its self. So we are now located on Dragon Isle.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

har har har!!!!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Sir Lagsalittle wrote:I did not vote as I am too new to the server to have a say in the goings-on regarding private towns, however, I do have a few opinions about PoD:........
Sounds like you had an adventure with PoD. Congrats on playing UO.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I believe ghosting a ship to maintain control of it to be pirating. I seriously doubt he has a script to log you on. I believe the fact that it actually caused you frustration makes it you and your brother -1, PoD 10
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Sir Lagsalittle

Post by Sir Lagsalittle »

It was a log in script. I've seen em before.

And it didn't cause much frustration, just time. We still walked away with the ships. :)

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

taking the time to write an elaborate story to complain.. sounds like what people here call "nerd rage", usually telling people to learn uo somewhere in the post... hmmm..

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Sir Lagsalittle wrote:It was a log in script. I've seen em before.

And it didn't cause much frustration, just time. We still walked away with the ships. :)
Lol this guy thinks everything is a script if it works effectively against him.

Or maybe, it could just be possible, that he was playing when server went down and logged back in immediately when it came back online.

No, it has to be a login script, that makes the most sense.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Stand back, I've accused people of this before!

Honestly, its best not to call out HAX ever since you will never have any proof anyways and it just makes you look bad.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I have a log in script for panthors accounts.

SkittlesTheKitty

Post by SkittlesTheKitty »

Kander wrote:Tisk tisk. If only i was johny cash but im not. and we arnt full RP just semi at times. But i will asure you that if i was there stealing ur ship ur wouldnt have goten it back. and the other ship you found was a ship that we didnt want to steal so we left the key for its owner. He was a miner and we killed him twice and got on the ship both times. :)
YAR! So thats what happened with that boat :P
<@Rose> is skitty powerfull now?
<zep-pod> took her awhile as her macros werent = a frying pan or stove dial

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

anyways, back on topic...lol

when are our add ons expected expected to be appraised for a price as well as implemented?