all guard command

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Blackhaggie

all guard command

Post by Blackhaggie »

I'm not quite sure how to start this so I'm just going to spew it out. I never did any taming on osi and actually this is the first tamer I have ever played.

I did not know this so i assume many others may not either and wanted to fill some people in on what I discovered recently. Currently if you are to use the all guard command YOU MUST use "all stop" or "all kill" before you can issue the command a second time following "all follow me" or "all stay" If you do not! the guard command will never actively be set to guard you. Of course "all stop" is the preferred method since "all kill" would only affect one pet. That is all.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: all guard command

Post by OhSnap »

Blackhaggie wrote:I'm not quite sure how to start this so I'm just going to spew it out. I never did any taming on osi and actually this is the first tamer I have ever played.

I did not know this so i assume many others may not either and wanted to fill some people in on what I discovered recently. Currently if you are to use the all guard command YOU MUST use "all stop" or "all kill" before you can issue the command a second time following "all follow me" or "all stay" If you do not! the guard command will never actively be set to guard you. Of course "all stop" is the preferred method since "all kill" would only affect one pet. That is all.
Yep, pets can really only obey one command at a time, and since "all follow me" or "all stay" are new commands, they essentially cancel the original "all guard me"

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

A guard / all guard me is currently really broken.

I say "a guard" to my pet, then click on myself, only to find that I cannot be guarded.

It's nonsense and needs addressing.

Blackhaggie

Post by Blackhaggie »

that's why i posted this. As long as u use all stop before issuing the command it should work correctly. I'm not sure if that is 100 percent of the case though. As a side note also. You cannot issue the guard command inside town.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Mens Rea wrote:A guard / all guard me is currently really broken.

I say "a guard" to my pet, then click on myself, only to find that I cannot be guarded.

It's nonsense and needs addressing.
yes! extremely frustrating at times

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

As was said, you cannot guard anything in town as per OSI, was it a reult of this bug that that message occurs, or was it a case of being in town?

Thanks for this post, and the research on the workaround. Moving this to Bug Reports.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sir Lagsalittle

Post by Sir Lagsalittle »

Derrick,
You can actually guard yourself in town, however the pet will defend itself if you attack it. You have to use "all guard me" command.

The pet turns grey and follows you and you have free will to attack it (again, however, it will defend itself - neither of you turn grey to others).

Just an FYI.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sir Lagsalittle wrote:You can actually guard yourself in town, however the pet will defend itself if you attack it. You have to use "all guard me" command.
It looks like this may be the root of the problem. Apparently if you begin guarding in town, the pet thinks it's guarding you, but it's not, if you click yourself you'll see there's not [guarded] tag; even after you leave town.

In this case, in order to get the pet to properly guard you, you need to cancel the command, either with "stop" or with another command. Once you issue "guard" again outside of town, you'll see the [guarded] tag.

After that, you can go back to town (no guarded tag), and leave town and you will still be guarded as is proper.

Working on this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Blackhaggie

Post by Blackhaggie »

For anybody following this thread there appears to be a temporary fix for this applied on the test center. I'm going to check it out this evening and if anybody else would like to contribute too I'm sure it would help derrick get this fix in place in the upcoming patch.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This patch should be live in the morning. Please provide any feedback as soon as possible :)

Thanks!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Another update on test resolves some problems found last night and this morning. Please test if you can. Thanks.

Blackhaggie

Post by Blackhaggie »

Omg it's working beautifully on the test. Thank you! i'll fool around a bit more and see if anything is still off, but from how it looks so far this is a great fix. Thank you!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Great to hear; thanks for testing!

If you get a chance, testing of guarding items such as those in a house, housedoors, etc needs testing too. Oh and corpse; if a guarded player dies, the pet should guard his corpse.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”