Breaking into private houses.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Cheapsuit

Breaking into private houses.

Post by Cheapsuit »

I didn't start playing UO until may or june of 2000 (UO:R), but I had friends who played during T2A which are the ones who finally got me to come on board, it's just too bad I was born a trammelite *cries*, but I remember them talking about how you could pick the locks of people's front door of their houses in the good ole days. I notice you cannot break into one's home here. Is this the way it was in the T2A era, or has this been modified to better the shard?

Red

Re: Breaking into private houses.

Post by Red »

I don't think you could ever pick the locks of the front door, but there was a time in which you could not ban anyone. I'd imagine that would be pretty fun in some aspects, but I was a newb until T2A.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you used to be able to run into peopesl hoseus and mark runes....
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Housing with pickable locks existed during the pre-T2A housing era. Also, with regard to runes in houses, originally, the rune would be "marked" at the location of the rune itself, not the caster of the spell. At that time, there were also little to no checks on legal places for where a rune could be marked.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Back in the day on osi you used to be able to put small houses and tents on the top of towers where there was free space ahaha <3 tents
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

wasa a huge fan of that :P have a vault on ur roof
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Or how about whne people placed tents aroudn their tower entrances so nobody could get in unless previously had a marked rune :P Wasn't there tents in t2a era..? Or did they scratch those before.. i thought it was during

I believe it was in 1999 they did so it was still around during the era... Kaivan, Faust, get on it!
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Red wrote:I don't think you could ever pick the locks of the front door, but there was a time in which you could not ban anyone. I'd imagine that would be pretty fun in some aspects, but I was a newb until T2A.
It wasn't so hot. You steal someone's key, you steal the house. I kind of felt bad when I did that.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The old housing system was taken out pre-T2A. The conversion from the old housing system to the system that we currently use here began before T2A came out. Phase 1 began some time before T2A's release, although no patch notes exist to document the initiation of Phase 1. About 2 months after T2A's release, phase 2 and 3 of the housing system took place. Those two phases included the claiming of unclaimed houses, deletion of tents, the conversion of houses from the old system to the new system, and the unfreezing of house placement. So, while it was possible for people to still have old houses that disobeyed the distance rules, no new houses could be placed during T2A that allowed for the tower and keep courtyards that people had become accustom to.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org