want to learn pvp...

Topics related to Second Age
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: want to learn pvp...

Post by DrFaustus »

It's a lot more than just learning to hally cycle...

However, learning to hally cycle is a great first step.

So, once you get things in order learn to do that, then start hotkeying all your spells and learn to use them.

Learn the healing timers, and how to disrupt them.

Learn to understand how you can squeeze gheals in between ebolts, etc.

It just takes lots of repetitive fighting to master.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Abel

Post by Abel »

I'm a new player as well and have been reading this thread for pvp tips.

I'm finding it a little frustrating that there's only one apparently viable strategy for pvp. There are very few dexxers, archers, or any variation of mage besides the hally mage apparently.

I won't quit because of this, but I may pvp less.

It might actually be more fun to go pvming with a gimp character and try to avoid getting pked than it would be to engage in a fair fight.

I wonder if anything will ever be done? I realize that the goal is accurate second age representation, but a little word of the law wouldn't hurt.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Abel wrote:I'm a new player as well and have been reading this thread for pvp tips.

I'm finding it a little frustrating that there's only one apparently viable strategy for pvp. There are very few dexxers, archers, or any variation of mage besides the hally mage apparently.

I won't quit because of this, but I may pvp less.

It might actually be more fun to go pvming with a gimp character and try to avoid getting pked than it would be to engage in a fair fight.

I wonder if anything will ever be done? I realize that the goal is accurate second age representation, but a little word of the law wouldn't hurt.
No worries field fighting offers more "ways to play". In other words you won't have to hally spam cause you won't be stuck in a cubicle and be forced to.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Theres plenty of viable templates and strategies, but most people use tanks because its a very flexible build. Its just easier to buy a house that looks like everyone else's.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

DrFaustus wrote:It's a lot more than just learning to hally cycle...

However, learning to hally cycle is a great first step.

So, once you get things in order learn to do that, then start hotkeying all your spells and learn to use them.

Learn the healing timers, and how to disrupt them.

Learn to understand how you can squeeze gheals in between ebolts, etc.

It just takes lots of repetitive fighting to master.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

goldendog
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by goldendog »

Group pvp and field pvp definitely have more variety, but 1v1...Of course a tank mage is the prima template.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

goldendog wrote:Group pvp and field pvp definitely have more variety, but 1v1...Of course a tank mage is the prima template.
On the field dexers can own tank mages if equipped right and if especially if they use explo pots, teleport rings, invis rings ect. Ping is also important, if the dexer laggs more than the mage they may have trouble closing in for the hit.

They can run a mage outta mana and never have to stop to cast spells so they just throw pots the whole time while chasing and hitting, teleport ringing ect.

spamalot

Post by spamalot »

:shock: i forgot i started this thread. :shock:

i have a hally mage all macro'd up. everything is gm (except swords). was just gonna gm that in the field. seems like i need to...

1.) set up razor properly
2.) learn to time spells and halberd hits

in any case, i don't know why i care, but i'm just not gonna rest easy until i can kill some griefing pricks in the field. i'm sick of being killed by 9 out of 10 people i see (literally) while farming w/ my bard.

Abel

Post by Abel »

If you're farming with your bard and only 9/10 people kill you then that 10th person is doing something wrong.

It's funny that your swords is the last one to GM. For me it was the first. I used this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11402

And was able to get swords from 50 to GM in one afternoon of checking up on the macro once every 20 minutes or so.

If your hally mage is almost set up then you probably dont have much dex, so it should take you longer, and you won't have healing, so you'll need to incorporate heal or greater heal into your macro instead of bandage healing.

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

when you see a pk, like myself....just help me out. help me kill You. and Ill res you and let you keep everything but your gold.

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

spamalot wrote:in any case, i don't know why i care, but i'm just not gonna rest easy until i can kill some griefing pricks in the field. i'm sick of being killed by 9 out of 10 people i see (literally) while farming w/ my bard.
Well, if they are just trying to PK you, they aren't necessarily griefers. It's a large part of the game, and that is how they are choosing to play. Can't really be mad at them for that. If, in fact they are griefing, then yeah I hope you do get em :)
Abel wrote:If you're farming with your bard and only 9/10 people kill you then that 10th person is doing something wrong.
I highly disagree with this, especially if the PK is solo. Having wrestling and/or resist on a bard really helps, and of course a razor macro for recall. If they keep interrupting your recall, mini heal out of their mana dump, and run until you break line of sight and get that recall off! Also, carrying a couple cure, heal, and total refresh potions increase your chance of surviving a PK encounter greatly. I'd recommend reading a couple of helpful threads, such as:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15224
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10117&start=0

kind of off topic from the pvp aspect of the thread, but hope it helps regardless