New Player Needs Help Installing

hicohornet

New Player Needs Help Installing

Post by hicohornet »

Ok I don't have any uo content downloaded but I am a former player from years ago. So I tried downloading the 341 MB content and about 60% through or so something comes up about I can't download because of 64 bit. This is a fairly new computer and it runs Star Craft 2 really good. So what should I do?

iamreallysquall

Re: New Player Needs Help Installing

Post by iamreallysquall »

hicohornet wrote:Ok I don't have any uo content downloaded but I am a former player from years ago. So I tried downloading the 341 MB content and about 60% through or so something comes up about I can't download because of 64 bit. This is a fairly new computer and it runs Star Craft 2 really good. So what should I do?
works fine on 64 windows 7 use http://download.uosecondage.com/UOSA_Client_Setup.exe (i recall running it as a administrator by right clicking it ) then use these settings Razor - settings for Windows 7

Right click the Razor program
Properties
Compatibility tab
Check box for:

* Run this program in compatibity mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Check Disable visual themes
Check Disable desktop composition
Check: Run this program as an administrator

(If using Windows Vista, the settings should be similar to the above)

In the Razor window, General tab, un-check "Use smart CPU usage reduction", i.e. do not use "smart CPU reduction".

Reasons for these settings:

* Running Razor as Administrator allows Razor to save your settings and macros.
* Running Razor in Windows XP SP3 comptability mode avoids the "white screen freeze" issue.
* Disabling visual themes and desktop composition allows Razor to write to the Window Frame Header - e.g. show health/mana/stamina bar, reagents counters etc.
* Enabling the "Use smart CPU usage reduction" option can cause lag and animation issues.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

hicohornet

Post by hicohornet »

Thanks for helping! I am currently downloading the 341 MB. I hope it downloads smoothly. I am looking forward to playing the old Ultima I grew to love. I'll give you a heads up if anything occurs. BTW - how long should it take to dl? To me it seems to be going slow after it was hitting 200 kb/s now its down to 20/s.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

hicohornet wrote:Thanks for helping! I am currently downloading the 341 MB. I hope it downloads smoothly. I am looking forward to playing the old Ultima I grew to love. I'll give you a heads up if anything occurs. BTW - how long should it take to dl? To me it seems to be going slow after it was hitting 200 kb/s now its down to 20/s.
not sure i have a rather quick connection
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall