strange error

Riv

strange error

Post by Riv »

ive been playing for a few weeks so its kind've odd this error popped up out of nowhere. When i load razor i get an error that says error loading cliloc. The program closes and UO wont start.

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.ENU':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

Yohsiph

Re: strange error

Post by Yohsiph »

I just started getting this also. Could anyone please explain wtf is going on? Can't play -- life is sad.

Yohsiph

Post by Yohsiph »

Update:

I uninstalled UO, then opened the torrent folder, re-installed it, re-patched it, etc. While that got me passed the error message, when I enter my log in info, it says that it was unable to authenticate my log in info, and that it may be due to an updated client being available.

...I have no idea what to do. Please help. =(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The error message in the first post is usually related to not running Razor as an administrator, right click on the razor shortcut and click "Run as Admin"

If you're unable to connect after reinstall, either the patch didn't take(check your patch version on the login screen) or you've got the wrong password, or your client patch and encryption settigs are wrong on the Razor Welcome Screen

Riv

Post by Riv »

Derrick wrote:The error message in the first post is usually related to not running Razor as an administrator, right click on the razor shortcut and click "Run as Admin"

If you're unable to connect after reinstall, either the patch didn't take(check your patch version on the login screen) or you've got the wrong password, or your client patch and encryption settigs are wrong on the Razor Welcome Screen

thanx! that worked