No music.

FireElements

No music.

Post by FireElements »

Hey, tried to do a search on this and all I found was problems on the wrong music being played. The problem I'm having is a bit different and that's no music is playing at all. It's not volume related because sound effects work fine and everything is properly enabled in the options menu. No error messages or anything, just complete lack of music. The music files in the UO folder work perfectly, as I downloaded the UO client from your website. I'm running under Windows 7 64bit. I've tried all the good stuff like compatibility mode and running as admin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

set

Re: No music.

Post by set »

I'm having the same issue. I'm running under wine on openSuse. Sound effects are fine and I can play the mp3 files of the music as well. In game, my music and sound effects are both enabled and turned all the way up but I am only getting sound effects.

Anyone else have this issue or solved it?

arcadesdude

Re: No music.

Post by arcadesdude »

I'm having the same issue. XP SP3, no music in game but sound effect work just fine. Part of the nostolgia about this game was the music and without it playing it takes away from the game alot.

Sound effects work
Music doesn't play.

I see the mp3 files in the music directory play just fine if I try to play them using Media Player Classic Home Cinema or other music player. No music gets triggered in game.

Is this a server problem or can it be fixed client side?

Thanks,
arcadesdude