New guy, looking for like minded players

Moderator: Support Moderators

Bashful

New guy, looking for like minded players

Post by Bashful »

Hi,

Before I start, I just want to point out that I too, am horrified by how cliche this post is. Such is life.

New to the shard. Played UO back in ~2000 on Great Lakes. I don't remember my guild name, or character name, but even if I did I wouldn't tell you because I was bad. Like... Epic bad. Played with some buddies that ran a computer shop, and I'm guessing they kept me around to laugh at. Fair enough.

However, since I found UOSA, I've been enjoying myself quite a bit. Still shiny new, so I still don't know all that much, but I come to the game with a different level of maturity and some experience in other (theme park) MMO's.

If you're still reading, huzzah! Here's my point: I want to find other players who enjoy the stuff I do. I'd prefer experienced players, from whom I could learn. I'll take whatever I can get (like a fat girl at prom.) What is it I like to do you ask? PvM is my main love. Always has been. I like PvP, but it's just not my bag. I'm too much of a white knight to really enjoy it (even while RPing a white knight against terrible scum opponents.) I'm also bad at PvP (still probably Epic Bad), and that no doubt impacts my enjoyment. Would be willing to learn, will require patience on the part of the teacher. I'm a beginner role player, with a big interest in gaining more experience. Please, again, have patience in this area. I'll either ask a lot of OOC questions, or play a strong and silent type so I can observe more than I contribute. After that... I don't know. I like to think I'm somewhat witty (you guys that made it this far already know that), I own a mic, and prefer to deal with mature players. Drama llamas need not apply (if you are really a llama, pm me your skype/vent. I want to talk to a llama.)

So... That's it. Thanks for reading.

Signed,
Bash

TLDR: Newb wants to find a newb friendly guild(or unaffiliated person) for PvM, some PvP, and RP (if they can help me learn the ropes.)

Pirul

Re: New guy, looking for like minded players

Post by Pirul »

Welcome to UOSA!!

Feel free to jump on IRC channel #C^V, you can come and hang out with us. If our main play times are not the same as yours, I'd suggest looking into DG, their IRC chann is #DG.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Bashful

Post by Bashful »

Thanks for the reply, Pirul. Will check you all out.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Welcome. C^V and DG are good folks. Perhaps check out IL, too. Make sure you use IRC as you won't have to worry about OOC questions in game supposing you come across an RPer. As for PvP, realize that it's rather slow paced and hard to kill here so if you can run at all you won't have much to worry about in the way of PKs. We have events daily that might help ease you in but you'd have to ask someone else (I've never once competed.)

Return to “New Player Help”