Paladins and LOS issues

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Paladins and LOS issues

Post by Mens Rea »

Paladins (and all hired NPCs I believe) are a little bugged:

1) When they run out of pay and go "wild" they start attacking monsters outside of a house. This seems to be their nature behaviour in Delucia before they are hired. The former hireling will then run around spamming annoying "COME AND FEEL THE POWER OF MY GIRTHY BLADE INSIDE OF YOU" and other such things - even though the monster is outside of the house and not within the LOS.

2) While the first issue is annoying, this one is more so: the paladin's text is visible from anywhere within earshot. Even if you are in a different room of a house, or outside the house, you can still see his annoying ramblings and the ramblings take up the space on the game journal.

^_^

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Paladins and LOS issues

Post by RawToxic »

Thank you for the report.

1) I'm not quite sure if the monster outside of a house being targeted by the NPC is incorrect or not. If you are inside a house and visible, monsters walking outside of your house will target you even though you are not in direct LOS. Then they usually just walk up and down the wall if there is no entrance accessible to them within their allowed pathing distance. It sounds like the NPC is expressing similar behavior.

Also, while a NPC is battling a monster or whatever, they do usually talk, like brigands, etc. Even if they are not able to actually combat the target, they will still talk. Another example of this is the orc tents that spawn in the forests. There are deco items on the corner edges of the tent that you can make an orc get stuck where they can't attack you and their pathing distance will not allow them to walk around the object. Even though they can't actually fight with you, they still talk and threaten you and never stop. It sounds like this may be similar to what you are describing.

Is it a flaw in the targeting and npc pathing system? Derrick will have to chime in on this one but I remember NPCs and monsters being quite stupid in this manner.

2) The visible text when the NPC is inside the house while you are out and vice versa definitely sounds like an issue. It sounds like the NPC is set to Yell the text.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

order guards do this out in the wild and text goes past walls i honestly don't think is inaccurate
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Yeah issue 1 is probably era accurate, but issue 2 is the biggest kick in the pants.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Bug 3. Hirelings don't open doors inside player homes. You should be able to lure NPCs to the front door or patio door, enabling them to open locked doors from inside as they pursue their aggressor.
(Derrick already knows about this, hoping he'll implement it someday!)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I like you more and more as the days go by Hicha