House items disappearing

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
WiseOne

House items disappearing

Post by WiseOne »

Had some sheep on the roof of my tower and they disappeared. That part is normal and happens pretty much every time I don't shear them for half a day or so. Now for the strange part. This morning I logged on, sheared as normal and left on errands. When I logged back in at work and checked, not only were the sheep gone but also half of the tables I was using as a fence. I am pretty sure this is not due to a break in because all my other items including some 'valuable' were untouched. Also, the fruit and vegetables I hat on the tables for decorations are now floating in the air. Any ideas what might have caused the tables to disappear?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House items disappearing

Post by Hicha »

Did you have a sheep permit?

If the tables weren't locked down, chances are someone casted an EV onto the roof of your tower; EVs will destroy most furniture and containers that isn't locked down. (ex: EV in Action)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

if you are going to leave sheep on your roof, block off your tower wings. I use footstools to keep my roof safe.

people can stand on the ground under the wings and cast an EV up to the wing, after which it will do what Hicha said.

EV's will destroy tables, but they don't destroy footstools for some reason.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Thanks for the information and the great tips, I will make sure to get those wings secure so I can continue providing the good people on this server with affordable bulk bandages.

Shameless plug:
http://mwuhahahaha
Last edited by Mikel123 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shameless edit
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Another quick question. If the tables are locked down can they still get destroyed by the Energy Vortex?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

TheWrongCrowd [TwC]

Post by TheWrongCrowd [TwC] »

WiseOne wrote:Another quick question. If the tables are locked down can they still get destroyed by the Energy Vortex?
no
Signature provided by Atraxi

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

TheWrongCrowd [TwC] wrote:
WiseOne wrote:Another quick question. If the tables are locked down can they still get destroyed by the Energy Vortex?
no
Thank yee dear sire
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

It happened again only now almost everything in the tower was gone including items. It might have been a break in since I left my door unlocked but it doesn't seem like it because some valuable items are left and a bunch of useless ones are gone. Also, I had the wings locked off with tables but one table is now missing and I know for sure it was locked down. Any explanations?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Are you sure you haven't friended/co-owned someone that could have done that?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Nope, only my other 2 accounts. There was a silver serpent inside on the second floor but I doubt he could have done all that damage almost everything in the house but some food and some weapons is gone I had a room full of boxes all gone just the keys left over on the ground but other containers are still there. Even if it can walk through doors that table on the wing was locked down so I am a bit bewildered.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Safir wrote:Are you sure you haven't friended/co-owned someone that could have done that?
This ^

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Checked the list just to make sure. Only my characters are friended to the house. The worst part is not the 60k in regs or the same amount in items that I lost but all the decorations (mostly furniture) are gone and now I have to go chop wood and macro some tables and remark a bunch or runebooks which also disappeared. No more drinking and gaming for me! Wine and UO at 3am are great fun but the consequences are too depressing. Thanks for the input guys.

*EDIT*

Mystery solved. I noticed I had 2 sheep remaining at my house renamed to "thanksfor" and "theregs".

Well done whoever you are.

Strangely I actually feel better, lesson well learned.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

WiseOne wrote:Mystery solved. I noticed I had 2 sheep remaining at my house renamed to "thanksfor" and "theregs".
Too bad u had a "visitor", but at least it was a funny one. ;)

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Safir wrote:
WiseOne wrote:Mystery solved. I noticed I had 2 sheep remaining at my house renamed to "thanksfor" and "theregs".
Too bad u had a "visitor", but at least it was a funny one. ;)
Yeah I actually had a good lol when I noticed the sheep. This is exactly what makes UOSA great!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”