Recently Tamed Animals and Guards

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Recently Tamed Animals and Guards

Post by chumbucket »

REPORTED ISSUE: Recently tamed animals appear grey, but guards will kill you for attacking them in town even while grey.

ISSUE DETAILS: See above.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: The animals need to been have tamed recently, very recently. The attack needs to be in a guard zone.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Tame animal. Bring it to town immediately. Attack it in town with a different character.

EXPECTED RESULTS: Angry dragon expected but death is all you get.

DATE REPORTED: July 10, 2011

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Recently Tamed Animals and Guards

Post by Mikel123 »

Which animal(s)?

When you say "grey" do you mean "criminal" or "able to be attacked"?

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

think he means animals such as dragons. that after taming are still grey for a short period of time.
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Mikel123 wrote:Which animal(s)?

When you say "grey" do you mean "criminal" or "able to be attacked"?
Dragon is what got me. I expect it applies to all animals, but who knows.

Grey as in recently tamed and not blue. So able to be attacked I guess.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

OK.

In your UO Options, go to the page where you can assign a color to "Murderer", "Innocent", etc.

You will see "criminal" and "able to be attacked" are both grey but indistinguishable. Change "criminal" to be purple.

Now do this again and tell me if the dragon is purple or grey (criminal or able to be attacked) when your alt gets whacked.

Aggressive animals are grey (able to be attacked) to your tamer for 2 minutes after they're tamed, in order for their timer to wear off from when they were attacking you. But, they're blue to everyone else from the moment they're tame, because they did nothing wrong to anyone else and are now considered innocents.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I would bet this happens with all aggressive animals, but not with any passive animals, unless you attacked them or something.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Anything you tame will immediately turn blue unless it has criminal status. Aggressive animals would get the criminal status from attacking their would be tamer - after they are tamed they are still criminal for the normal 2 minutes.

If the tamer attacks the aggressive pet prior to taming it, it will get the aggressor flag ("able to be attacked" by the tamer) and it will remain after taming, but it will immediately turn blue after being tamed to everyone except the tamer.

That being said, I just tried to find a fault in the mechanics that would get me guard whacked (using 2 accounts) and couldn't. I'm guessing the dragon chum attacked just turned blue at the last second.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

nightshark wrote:Anything you tame will immediately turn blue unless it has criminal status. Aggressive animals would get the criminal status from attacking their would be tamer - after they are tamed they are still criminal for the normal 2 minutes.

If the tamer attacks the aggressive pet prior to taming it, it will get the aggressor flag ("able to be attacked" by the tamer) and it will remain after taming, but it will immediately turn blue after being tamed to everyone except the tamer.

That being said, I just tried to find a fault in the mechanics that would get me guard whacked (using 2 accounts) and couldn't. I'm guessing the dragon chum attacked just turned blue at the last second.
That is possible. But here is what happened as I saw it at the time: The dragon is brought in via gate fresh from Destard. It is gray. I attack. It turns blue and the guards show up. Could it have changed as I was attacking? I suppose, but it didn't strike me that way at the time.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The only case in which attacking will effect the "color" is in the case of a thief who is perma gray, there's no trigger that could update the notoriety of a pet when you attack it. Pending any other similar reports i've gotta chalk this up to really bad timing.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Derrick wrote:The only case in which attacking will effect the "color" is in the case of a thief who is perma gray, there's no trigger that could update the notoriety of a pet when you attack it. Pending any other similar reports i've gotta chalk this up to really bad timing.
Could it be that it just wasn't displaying the fact that it was blue even though it should have been? I think you were probably right but just curious.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, it's possible that a packet lost could lead to this, but unlikely. There was another recent report of this. Looking into it. Thanks again.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”