Random thought on horses

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Berock Shagando

Random thought on horses

Post by Berock Shagando »

I don't know what era may have had this, but i remember a time when you had to feed your horse/pet to keep it from going stray. Mounts would either buck you off, or would go stray when you dismounted (i dont remember which). Also after you owned the pet for a certain amount of time in game, it would then bond to you and never go stray.

Here, Ive noticed that unridden pets would go stray while logged out. I don't know if this is from lack of feeding or from inactivity. I tend to feed my horse a piece of fruit every now and then to keep this from happening but realized it doesnt say *your pet seems happier* after the first one after purchase...do i need to keep him fed or not? And do they ever bond?

Pied Piper

Re: Random thought on horses

Post by Pied Piper »

No bonding bro. I never feed mine except for if I have to do something where I'm going to be unmounted like mining or fishing. They don't go stray when riding. That's why you see non tamers on Mares and Frenzieds.

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Pied Piper wrote:No bonding bro. I never feed mine except for if I have to do something where I'm going to be unmounted like mining or fishing. They don't go stray when riding. That's why you see non tamers on Mares and Frenzieds.
It seems like loyalty decays way too slow here.

Also, your post prompted me to remember something else... I believe that when you dismounted or were killed off a mount that had not been given a follow command, it immediately started to wander away. I don't have any characters riding a pet they can't control, does anyone know if it currently works this way? Does anyone else remember this?

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Pied Piper wrote:No bonding bro. I never feed mine except for if I have to do something where I'm going to be unmounted like mining or fishing. They don't go stray when riding. That's why you see non tamers on Mares and Frenzieds.
They do go stray while you are riding them...had it happen to me a few weeks ago. I am sure its just a very SLOWWW process

Charla

Post by Charla »

Bonding came in way after T2A.

As for following, I think it depends on how well fed the pet is and how long been since given the pet to follow.

To be safe, I say "all follow me" each time I dismount.

I have noticed, as a ghost, the pet is slower to follow.

On horses, this was a issue even way back when. Example. You buy a horse from NPC, some would stray right away, and

some would stick around. Can't remember now if it was color related or not. But we use to joke about how head strong some

horses were.

Hope this helped a little

Be well and safe

Westra

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Robbbb wrote:
They do go stray while you are riding them...had it happen to me a few weeks ago. I am sure its just a very SLOWWW process
What kind of mount was it? Was it one you need taming to control or a regular horse/llama/ostard?

My crafter has never fed his horse (He is always on it) and it has been about a year and it has never went wild.