Getting PKed - the nice way

Share stories and special moments with the community.
rs1n

Re: Getting PKed - the nice way

Post by rs1n »

Esaule wrote:There is no good PK.
Well, I did write "cool" and not "good" -- for a long time I had outwitted them, but they finally one-up'd me. So now it's time for Plan B!

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Touching story...I would have dry looted ya. You would have learned alot more.

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

I just got killed by the same two guys. Went to lost lands for first time ever really (including not really exploring it in the original game), first night ever out trying provoke, got killed by ophidians right the second before I was about to recall out after finally killing off the last of something like 20 or 30 mobs in a frantic 20-minute clickfest.

My PC bugged out and I didn't see that they offered to res me and left my mount until I was already off screen and they had already recalled out. So I lost a lot of stuff for nothing. I'm so used to not tabbing after getting PK'd because on the original servers they'd tell you to tab and then just kill you again and high-five their buddy about it in the middle school cafeteria the next day.

Sucks what happened to me while I'm still trying to get on my feet but I appreciated that those two offered to res me and left the horse, even if I missed it.

jamison
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jamison »

Pied Piper wrote:Nice story and yes gut instinct is usually good to go by even in this game.

There are "some" cool Pks here. If you ever run into TG (Terror Guard) they will WTFPWN you and scream something like "Yes, Another Bounty" but will usually just loot regs or aids and will rez you as long as you place a bounty on them (at least in my encounters it was like that).

They are cool.

They even left my gold the times I died from them :D
These rumors are completely untrue. We tell jokes as you die, dry loot you, and recall out to leave you stranded.

Please don't make up horrible stories about us, you will tarnish the reputation we have worked so hard to build.
[11:19] <hemperor> who can do me a favor
[11:19] * Rocks hands hemp a razor blade

[09:12] <weedsmoke> fuck you jamison
[09:12] <weedsmoke> i hope your new year sucks

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Long ago city-states banded together to form Britannia, electing Lord British as their Sovereign ruler and Monarch. The Kingdom of Britannia thus formed.

Lord British established a system of virtues, began construction of 5 towns, and collected a council of wizards to fight the evils of the land. Over the next 150 years in Sosaria the Council of Mages attempted to cleanse the 7 dungeons of Britannia from evil that lays within -- and failed.

The cults of evil wizards have worked hard summoning unnatural creatures day and night to ensure that they embody the evils which oppose the virtues of the land. These very virtues infused within towns of Britannia to keep order and encourage uprightness, are reversed in dungeons. Those who venture into the dungeons of sin surely must be ready to combat murderers who are ready to steal from and kill you.

Enter dungeons only at risk of yourself and your companions! Many who venture here do not return alive, or return changed -- evil magic is at work. In the towers of Shame beneath the ground you can see this cult at work -- this is the dark and distorted reflection of Honor.
Last edited by dren on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

jamison wrote:
These rumors are completely untrue. We tell jokes as you die, dry loot you, and recall out to leave you stranded.

Please don't make up horrible stories about us, you will tarnish the reputation we have worked so hard to build.
It happens jamison, and how do you build a reputation that's untarnished when you kill and steal from people?

I know many people including some vets have left this shard because of the bad treatment by TG. You guys maybe have turned over a new leaf in the very very recent days, but in the past you have been very rude and unkind to the player population. I recall a specific instance only a week ago when Malice was rude to me at Britain bank as I was trying to sell some items to any who were interested.

If you guys want your reputation to improve you should consider treating people with some respect -- and not just pretending like you don't WTFPWN people, steal their shit, not res, and brag about your bounties. When I started out here I was PK'd by TG many times they never once ressed me (I was left stranded numerous occasions and they killed my mounts too) or said anything kind. In fact, they came back and killed again only 5 minutes later after I had just made my way back from ressing and was attempting to salvage whatever was left on my corpse -- and lol'd about it. I have even been noto PK'd by 3 TG blues.

You guys have about the worst reputation on the server, IDK how you would think it's untarnished.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.