Is vendor scamming allowed?

A place for advertising your Player Run vendor, or offers of participation in vendor malls.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

randale

Is vendor scamming allowed?

Post by randale »

Happened to me, I bought what was supposedly a full spellbook from sexy smithy directly (right next to- left of the Britain Moongate) and it was blank

mr mahony

Re: Is vendor scamming allowed?

Post by mr mahony »

randale wrote:Happened to me, I bought what was supposedly a full spellbook from sexy smithy directly (right next to- left of the Britain Moongate) and it was blank
Players putting up items that are not as they say is allowed. the only repercussion is if you advertise your vendor on the forums or irc then doing it, but that will just get you banned from the forums and/or irc and will not result in you getting your item back.

If you ever question a vendor a couple things you can do. 1. check out the scammer thread in the trade section to see if that vendor house is listed their so you know to stay away. 2. Item Iding a spellbook in the vendor will tell you how many spells it has.

Though ultimately people do try to pull this scam all the time once you know a good shop try to stick to it.

randale

Post by randale »

mr mahony wrote:
randale wrote:Happened to me, I bought what was supposedly a full spellbook from sexy smithy directly (right next to- left of the Britain Moongate) and it was blank
Players putting up items that are not as they say is allowed. the only repercussion is if you advertise your vendor on the forums or irc then doing it, but that will just get you banned from the forums and/or irc and will not result in you getting your item back.

If you ever question a vendor a couple things you can do. 1. check out the scammer thread in the trade section to see if that vendor house is listed their so you know to stay away. 2. Item Iding a spellbook in the vendor will tell you how many spells it has.

Though ultimately people do try to pull this scam all the time once you know a good shop try to stick to it.
What does your Item ID skill have to be to ID it successfully? (most of the time anyway)

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

randale wrote:What does your Item ID skill have to be to ID it successfully? (most of the time anyway)
AFAIK your Item ID skill = % chance of successful ID. You'll either successfully ID the item or not, you don't get any 'wrong' ID on a fail.

So it really just depends how many ID attempts you want to stand around making, 10 skill points would do it, but it'd be pretty frustrating to use.

An ID wand, or a dedicated GM ID shopper, or a throwaway newb char with 50 Item ID are other options.

Return to “Player Run Vendors”