Publish 3

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Publish 3

Post by Mikel123 »

Few things I noticed here from Publish 3 (Feb 2000) that imply certain things before then:
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_3
Pack horses now have their packs on them when they die.
Does this mean, literally, a backpack, or does this mean their stuff? To me this means their stuff is deleted if/when they die.
Starting loyalty of tamed pets is now slightly higher. This will prevent pets from going wild instantly on a failed command.
If I remember correctly, in 1999 tamed pets began at "Confused" which was like a happiness of 0, the lowest possible, and you never gave them a command immediately because (a) you had no chance at succeeding, and (b) they'd go wild when you inevitably failed. You always had to feed them immediately first. Sometimes a few times: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30389&p=269628
Untamed monsters and animals in houses will “die” after a certain amount of time. These monsters and animals will be eligible for “death”, within a given amount of time, under the following circumstances:
If the monster/animal is not targeted.
If the monster/animal does not receive or deliver damage.
If this is not the case here for server/bandwith/memory/whatever reasons, I understand. Just pointing it out (someone else gave me the idea in another post).
You will not be able to trade a trapped item.
Have we discussed this before? This is intriguing.

iamreallysquall

Re: Publish 3

Post by iamreallysquall »

you can now trade trapped items as a result of that patchnote
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall