Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Derrick

Guide : Housing

Post by Derrick »

This is a general guide to housing as many people have gotten used to the new Safe rules that EA introduced. T2A housing is not entirely safe, house looting can happen so make sure you understand how to keep your house and belongings secure.

House deeds are noobie and may not be stolen from you by a thief or looted from your corpse if you die, as long as they are kept in the top level of your pack. This does not apply to Murderers, noobied items are not protected on Reds.

House keys are not blessed and may be stolen out of your pack or looted from your corpse if you die. I player with a key may enter your house if it is locked. If you lose a key the house owner may use the house sign menu to re-key the house. You will get new keys to the house and the old keys including and copies made will no longer work on the front door. If your house in unlocked, anyone who is not banned may enter. The holder of a house key does not infer ownership of the house. The character who owns the house is displayed to friends of the house on the house sign.

All houses are allowed at least one secure container. A secure container can hold a maximum of 125 items and 400 stones. Secures can only be accessed by friends of the house so things in this container are safe from being looted as long as your house friends don't turn on you. Secures can only be created and released by the owner of the house, not co-owners or friends. To secure a container in a house say "I wish to secure this". To unsecure the container say "I wish to unsecure this". Secures and their contents do not count against the maximum number of lockdowns a house has.

Locked down containers are accessible to anyone who can get close enough to reach into them. Locked down containers can be locked with a key, but they will be pickable by anyone with sufficient skill. Locked down containers count as one lockdown against the maximum number of lockdowns a house is allowed, the contents of the container does not count towards that maximum. Locked down containers hold 125 items with unlimited weight. To lock down a container or any other object in the house say "i wish to lock this down". To release the object say "I wish to release this"

House commands:
  • I ban thee - Bans a targeted player and ejects him from the house.
    Remove thyself - ejects targeted player from the house.
    I wish to lock this down - Lock down an item or container
    I wish to release this - Release a locked down item ot container.
    I wish to secure this - Secure a container
    I wish to unsecure this - Release a secured container
    I wish to place a trash barrel - Add a trash barrel or move the existing one.
Houses may be redeeded to be moved from the house sign menu. When you do this all the contents of the house will fall to the ground and be accessible to anyone. When you redeed a house the noobie deed goes directly to your backpack.

You may sell deeds back the the NPC for the full price paid.

If you use the detect hidden skill inside a house of which you are at least a friend, the skill will never fail and will reveal everyone hiding in the house regardless of their distance from you. This does not prevent them from re-hiding.

You may attack without penalty anyone inside your house who is not at least a friend, i.e., they will be grey to you.

If someone who is not a friend logs out inside your house, they will be ejected upon login, so there is no fear that someone can logoff inside your house and log back in later when you are not there to protect it.

Most houses larger than the small house have interior lockable doors.

Small Houses have One Secure and 25 Lockdowns and cost 43800 gold from the Architect in the carpenters shop.

I'll give a description of the other house types soon.

Housing Info from Stratics:
http://web.archive.org/web/199910081800 ... builds.htm

Derrick

House Placement Rules

Post by Derrick »

House Placement Rules:
  • 1) All ground around the -outside- of the foundation must not have anything impassable (rocks, trees, etc).
    2) No impassable object or land may come in direct contact with any part of the house.
    3) Five tiles from the front and back of the house must be completely clear of all other houses.
    4) The foundation must rest flatly on a surface. Any bumps around the foundation are not allowed.
    5) The Foundation may not reside over terrain which is viewed as a road.
    6) There cannot be any items, creatures, NPC's, players, or corpses within the house area.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Housing

Post by ecetres »

This may have come up already, but I was wondering if the carpenters bought back the house deeds for full price, or if not what the penalty is.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

JimDrizzle

Post by JimDrizzle »

He answered that in the main post. They take a small 'restocking' fee.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Thanks I thought it said it somewhere I just couldnt rember where.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

JimDrizzle wrote:He answered that in the main post. They take a small 'restocking' fee.
My appologies. They do pay full price but it was changed after this guide went up. I've corrected the guide to reflect the correct info.

The NPC Architect will pay full price for house deeds, disregard whatever the sell menu says, they will give you the full amount.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Just wondering if anyone knows a decent way to remove trash barrels and dart board, forges etc? I know they turn into deeds again if the house is deeded, but this is a bit of a pain. :(

Is there an easier way?
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

You can use a hatchet on a dartboard to redeed it. Might work the same with other deeded things like forges, looms, etc.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Sweet thanks. I'll try that. :) It'll feel good to chop up furniture with an axe. Doing it in real life might prove rather expensive...
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

seth

Post by seth »

Can you buy castles and towers in the game? I have only seen small houses thus far?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

seth wrote:Can you buy castles and towers in the game? I have only seen small houses thus far?
Yes, architects sell them.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

House deeds are not blessed and may be stolen from you by a thief or looted from your corpse if you die.
According to Stratics "Once the deed lands in your backpack, it is safe there. House deeds cannot be stolen from you. Even when you die, the deed will stay with you and be in your backpack when you resurrect. (Note: this is also true for 'old' house deeds and deeds that are the result of a re-deeded house)"

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

house deeds were newbied a red can loose them.

alatar

Post by alatar »

not during this era, also I believe bank checks were not blessed at this time as well, wonder what the exception was
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:not during this era, also I believe bank checks were not blessed at this time as well, wonder what the exception was
Bank checks were blessed on introduction. They were created for the purpose of facilitating safe house trades and were introduced at the same time as the house ;trade window'. Previous to this you just got a target, no trade gump.

House deeds were not blessed at the beginning of T2A, but they were made to be blessed at some point during the era. House deeds on Second Age are unblessed.

Return to “Guides”