New Player(s) looking for help/more

Moderator: Support Moderators

Apoloc

New Player(s) looking for help/more

Post by Apoloc »

Hello,

I'm brand new to this shard, I played on OSI back during this era, though it has been so long most of this game has long since been forgotten due to age and other substances/circumstances. I am intent on playing again and feel as though this server offers me exactly the playstyle I remember/want. I am hoping to also get my wife to follow me into this world, but due to the "difficulty" I need to set myself up first in order to make it easier for her to adjust as well.

I am looking to get better situated in the game and refamiliarize myself with it, I am not looking for any hand-outs by anymeans, I wish to accomplish everything as I would have back in the golden age of OSI. Though I am seeking some fellowship, be it a friendly guild I could join (alongside my wife when the time comes) whether this is a new player guild or just a friendly gathering of helpful individuals. I've been following the advice on these forum threads and am working my fletcher now, though the posted prices of 35 goldish per bow far surpass the 15-20 I have seen.

Anyways, feel free to PM me here as I will check often, and I appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks,

Mike

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New Player(s) looking for help/more

Post by OneEyedJack »

Welcome to UOSA! My biggest piece of advice is JOIN IRC! You'll get advice/help faster. If you're looking to RP as an undead click on the picture in my signature (I can understand if you're not interested in RP, it isn't for everyone.) Now... if the vendors are only offering 15-20, that means someone has already sold them a fair amount of bows and price has dropped. If you have enough magery, visit your local runelibrary and bounce from vendor to vendor. Once all the vendors have been leeched, take a break and do something else. It isn't worth it to only get 15-20 a piece... For another safe money maker, sheer sheep and gather cotton. Then tailor it into fancy shirts. Again, go from shop to shop keeping above the money curve. By the time you're done with all the tailors, the fletchers should have reset. If that doesn't interest you, people always have use for ingots. If you ever have need of advice feel free to message me on IRC (Ear-Gharik) If my afk tag is up, try anyway. I sometimes forget that it's up. If I'm not online, send me a PM here and I'll get back to you as fast as I can.

Good luck! And welcome!
Ear Of Tin

Apoloc

Post by Apoloc »

Thanks for the tip, I'll try me some tailoring. My wife and I do like roleplay a little bit, we used to play text muds fairly extensively, I'll keep you in mind. I appreciate the help.

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

DOOD!! Join Bludchok'Hai also. Both are very active groups, and I participate in UWL and Bloodrock. Bloodrock website :http://bloodrock.xillin.com/forums/index.php GO THERE!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Welcome Apoloc!!

If you have any questions, need help with macros, or any small tasks done (gates, resses, etc.), jump on IRC channel #C^V and we'll do our best to help you out. If for some reason #C^V is quiet, you can also try #DG. Same bunch of helpful guys on both!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Pirul wrote:Welcome Apoloc!!

If you have any questions, need help with macros, or any small tasks done (gates, resses, etc.), jump on IRC channel #C^V and we'll do our best to help you out. If for some reason #C^V is quiet, you can also try #DG. Same bunch of helpful guys on both!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ your best option
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Hail Apoloc!!

As the others have offered help...I'm here as well to extend my hand for anything you may need/want whatever. I have a couple of houses I be glad to let you macro in or bunk.

PM/IRC me here....I'm on most evenings.

My small guild would be glad to have you and the mrs.

O
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Hey Apoloc........bumping this in hopes that ed will see it...lol!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Sorry to hijack this, but Orion I'd like to take you up on your offer if I can ;)
Greywolf
Pacific Shard 1997-1999
Guild Leader - The Drunken Bastards of Britannia

Return to “New Player Help”