The only mage/med/resist macro you need

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Malaikat

The only mage/med/resist macro you need

Post by Malaikat »

This is not a simple macro, but it is efficient, safe, and all-inclusive. If complex macros intimidate you, find another. This method is for use in a house, and assumes you have another character to heal using bandages. It can be used anywhere out of guard zone, but I recommend it only be used in a house. If you really desire, you can use a restock agent set to grab 1 of each needed reg from a nearby container.

Additionally, I've added some things to it in order to accommodate my current character build which has already locked med. So, this rendition is set to focus on quickly raising magery and resist. A handful of the final lines can be removed/customized in order to raise mage/med/resist more evenly.

I've added comments behind the macro statements after a "{"

We'll start with the healer's macro. The healer stands immediately next to or on top of your mage, and runs the following in a loop:

Code: Select all

If (SysMessage "peek") {Checks for a snooping message from your mage
Double Click {Double Clicks on bandages
Wait for target
Absolute Target {Your mage
Pause 6.50 sec
End If
Now for the mage's macro:

If (Regs <= 0) {Where "Regs" is one of the reagents needed for the spell you're currently macroing
Exec: Restock Agent-1 {Adds safety for the overly paranoid and automation for the overly lazy.  Unnecessary
Wait for target
Absolute Target {The container holding your regs
Pause X {The time necessary for the restock agent to complete
End If
If (Hits >= X) {Where X is any amount safe given the spell you're casting and the healing of your other toon
Exec: Spell {Whatever spell is appropriate for you level of magery: lightning, ebolt, flamestrike
Wait for target
Exec: Target self
Pause X {Where X is the amount of time it takes for the spell to apply damage
End If
If (Hits <= X) {Where X is now 1 less than the amount in your opening statement
For (1 to 1000) {This is a For loop...
Double Click {Double clicks the backpack of your healer toon in order to invoke a snoop message
Exec: Meditation 
Pause 1.00 sec
If (Sysmessage "heal") {Looks for your partner to actually apply a bandage
Pause 9.00 sec
Else
End For {If your healer doesn't see the snoop message, this will cause you to snoop again
End If
End If
For (1 to 1000)
If ( Mana <= X) {Where X is appropriate for med to gain given your skill level and INT
Pause 1.00 sec
If (SysMessage "trance") {This and the next line may be undesirable depending on your focus: magery or med
Wait for Mana >= X {Again, if magery is more a focus than med, this can be set to max INT.  If not, remove
Else 
Pause 9.00 sec
End For {Repeats the med loop if you fail 
End If

If working med along with magery, the final lines should look like so:

For (1 to 1000)
If ( Mana <= X) {Where X is the high end of the range for med to gain given your skill level and INT
Say "."
Pause 10.00 sec
End For {Repeats the med loop until the <= condition is exceeded
End If
Healer Macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|peek
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074558923|3617
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.0500000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|2|23068|1351|2906|7|400
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:06.5000000
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1075559062|3999
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.3000000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1078752414|57|87|0|5990
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Mage Macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|1|55
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|3002061|
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02.2000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|54
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|1000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1078684168|3701
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|heal
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044106|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|1000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|59
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1044106|
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|trance
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|60|3600
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Last edited by Malaikat on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Pirul

Re: The only mage/med/resist macro you need

Post by Pirul »

Not to nitpick, but seems too complicated for what it actually accomplishes.

I will admit the snooping idea is quite good, but otherwise, it is overly complicated and inefficient.

1.- There is too much time between your HP check and receiving the damage from the spell. (Enjoy getting EQ'ed to death)
2.- People sometimes have a need to raise med faster than magery, thus other alternatives might be better...of course we cannot really tell because your macro only calls your meditation macro which we don't see (unless the "Exec: Meditation" = Use Skill Meditation). Of course, your build doesn't need it, but most other mage builds do.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Malaikat

Re: The only mage/med/resist macro you need

Post by Malaikat »

Pirul wrote:Not to nitpick, but seems too complicated for what it actually accomplishes.

I will admit the snooping idea is quite good, but otherwise, it is overly complicated and inefficient.

1.- There is too much time between your HP check and receiving the damage from the spell. (Enjoy getting EQ'ed to death)
2.- People sometimes have a need to raise med faster than magery, thus other alternatives might be better...of course we cannot really tell because your macro only calls your meditation macro which we don't see (unless the "Exec: Meditation" = Use Skill Meditation). Of course, your build doesn't need it, but most other mage builds do.
1. This is true and the call to the restock agent should actually happen before the hit point check or at the end of the macro. I'm not using an agent in my macro, so it was added just for the purpose of the guide...I'll edit, thanks.

2. Exec: Meditation is "use skill meditation". That's just how it appears in the razor macro if you're using Med from a hotkey.

If I'm working med in conjunction with magery, I'll typically throw a | Say "." | statement in there in order to break the med. In this case, the final lines would read:

For (1 to 1000)
If ( Mana <= X) {Where X is the high end of the range for med to gain given your skill level and INT
Say "."
Pause 10.00 sec
End For {Repeats the med loop until the <= condition is exceeded
End If

This will med within the optimal gain range and keep you from leaving that range too quickly. Also, it will loop until you're beyond that limit.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Return to “Guides”