Some notes on things I think are broken

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jack of Shadows

Some notes on things I think are broken

Post by Jack of Shadows »

Lockpicking - shouldn't break lockpicks at gm (I remember saving my newbie picks for when I gmd)

poisoning - I just gmd this and didn't poison myself once. I remember macroing at a shrine with a double click on shrine in the macro to cure myself if I failed.

remove trap - didn't set off a trap one time while I was gming this, this is inaccurate. Also at gm I'm failing upwards of 10 times or more on a level four chest, this can't be right. I think, but I'm not sure this shouldn't fail on level fours (maybe even fives) at gm (like provo)

begging - should result in karma loss, and result in being unable to beg or raise skill at a certain level. Currently it's possible to macro begging to gm on one npc.

I would try to research this stuff, but after spending hours trying to prove that the pe room in deceit used to be called the shroom room and would kill you in one step (had to teleport) I was unable to find a screenshot or reference to something that widely known, I don't even know where to start to find references to skills and their dynamics
<@Populus> You're an associate, associates don't feel bad.
<@Populus> What you are feeling is the butthurt of your victim flowing through your body.
<@Populus> Increasing your strength, much like Highlander.

chainsoar

Re: Some notes on things I think are broken

Post by chainsoar »

I've been working remove trap a bit but I haven't GMed it yet, doesn't seem right to have so many fails at 100, though. As for begging, as the shard's leading expert on the subject I've long thought it must be flawed. For one thing, it seems to have a skill delay of 13 seconds...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 10 the maximum delay timer on everything else?

PS; I love being able to call myself the shard's leading expert on something
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Frogleg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Frogleg »

i thought the shroom room was still active and i avoided the mushrooms there just in case =)

i think one of Galads adventures involded him gating people to the shroom room

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Jack of Shadows wrote:I would try to research this stuff, but after spending hours trying to prove that the pe room in deceit used to be called the shroom room and would kill you in one step (had to teleport) I was unable to find a screenshot or reference to something that widely known, I don't even know where to start to find references to skills and their dynamics
Are you serious?

Search this forum for "shroom room". Search the archives on Google Groups for "shroom room". Click this link:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22103&p=197527&hilit=shroom#p197527

No screenshots, but plenty of written evidence available.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

chainsoar lives to say, "As the shard's leading begging expert," and things of that nature.

fact.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

I'm also one of the few* people on the shard with GM Remove Trap (on my character Zorik Uther).

When I recently started removing traps on level 4 dungeon chests, I was surprised at how many times I failed, considering I am a Grand Master at it.

Just adding my 2c, I have no evidence to show that this should be any different, and I didn't GM the Remove Trap skill in Era either.

* 28, at the time of writing. See http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Skills
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]