Healing and Combat skill at the same time

Moderator: Support Moderators

captainphatty

Healing and Combat skill at the same time

Post by captainphatty »

Would it be possible/worth it to train a fighting skill and healing on a trapped NPC at the same time?

UsualSuspect

Re: Healing and Combat skill at the same time

Post by UsualSuspect »

it would be fine, once you get high enough healing to cure you'd want to switch though. It would work for lower skill. It's also a lot faster to heal someone else, which means faster skill gain, 6 seconds vs 15 seconds.

captainphatty

Post by captainphatty »

So I have been trying this today, and for some reason after a few minutes I just stop swinging on the NPC, not sure why. I have to attack him again and run away to get him to stop hitting me again, very annoying.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

hmmm, is there a peacemaker around?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

captainphatty

Post by captainphatty »

Not that I can see, only 1 other house is even on the screen. I turned my bandage macro from 20 seconds to 60 seconds and so far it seems to be working OK for now.

edit: Nope it quit again. I seem to stop swinging right when I tried to apply a bandage when the NPC was at full health, I am not sure if that is the cause or a coincidence.

apmcd

Post by apmcd »

if you hire a npc and say "all guard me" then attack him he should beat on you till the server goes down....
after that you heal away

captainphatty

Post by captainphatty »

I was able to replicate the problem several times. If I tried to apply a bandage and he was full health 2 times in a row, I would stop trying to hit him. As long as the pause on my macro was long enough for him to actually be hurt before I tried to heal him (was a lot easier when my skill was higher), everything was fine.

apmcd

Post by apmcd »

whlie macroing my magery/spellresist up on a tank mage, i used a healer char form another account,,, started at 50 healing, made a heal target/anatomy macro to go along with the check health cast EB/FS on the mage... my mage is at 95 resist and the healer is at 79.1 so its possible to raise healing with just healing to a respectable lvl... and cheaper than poison imo. but multi tasking is for sure the way to go to save time in the long run

Return to “New Player Help”