Trammel Events

Topics related to Second Age
Fede 1+1

Trammel Events

Post by Fede 1+1 »

Trammel events were the best. When are they coming back?

Grimnir

Re: Trammel Events

Post by Grimnir »

I heard Wrong has a lot of trolls.

JimmyTheDriver

Post by JimmyTheDriver »

Fede, now that I'm top pvper, you need to watch out. I threw a purple pot at someone 2 days ago, it was insane.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I <3 Purple Pots.

Edit: No! Wait! Red Pots Only! :P
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Fede 1+1

Post by Fede 1+1 »

Grimnir wrote:I heard Wrong has a lot of trolls.
Cool story man.
JimmyTheDriver wrote:Fede, now that I'm top pvper, you need to watch out. I threw a purple pot at someone 2 days ago, it was insane.
I threw 20 purple pots at one person before, then he/she recalled.
Light Shade wrote:I <3 Purple Pots.

Edit: No! Wait! Red Pots Only! :P
:)

On a more serious note, the administration stated that the bugs were going to be fixed, and trammel events will be back in action sooner rather than later. Is there a quantative measurement that can be put on their expected return?

Basically, instead of wasting my time and others. Are events going to be back within 1-2 months?
Last edited by Fede 1+1 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

As soon as you stop spending a quarter million gold on a halberd that you'll only use in Trammel Events.....
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Fede 1+1

Post by Fede 1+1 »

BlaiseDad wrote:As soon as you stop spending a quarter million gold on a halberd that you'll only use in Trammel Events.....
You're just mad because 40k of my bid was with your gold.

Really, how long does it take to get events back in action? The bugs were irrelevant to begin with anyways.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Fede, thank you for being so open about having stolen my 40k gold in a transaction agreed upon in the trade forums.

Still surprised you didn't get forum banned for that, but whatever I guess.

In regards to the events, they were fun but I'd really only care to see them come back if the reward matched the risk. 0=0

Perhaps that's what they're working towards in the background (aside from their actual jobs and lives and what not).
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Fede 1+1

Post by Fede 1+1 »

BlaiseDad wrote: In regards to the events, they were fun but I'd really only care to see them come back if the reward matched the risk. 0=0

Perhaps that's what they're working towards in the background (aside from their actual jobs and lives and what not).
Think about it.

The reward and risk is clearly there, but I am not here to enlighten anyone.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Trammel Events would be a bad idea, the shard is doing great without them population wise. UO shouldn't have any virtual chatroom with consentual pvp, it doesn't belong in a game with a sandbox world.

Automated Trammel instances destroy the sandbox feeling and make this game more like World of Warcraft and every other themepark MMO.
In regards to the events, they were fun but I'd really only care to see them come back if the reward matched the risk. 0=0
IMO the biggest problem isn't even that people lose nothing, it's that automated events directly interupt real UO's gameplay and immersion. Most of the players on UO don't even join automated events and yet they're forced to hear what team wins CTF while they play in Felucca.

And they are scheduled way too much, I wouldn't mind seeing a tourney(or event) held every now and then(once every 2 months or so). Then perhaps players wouldn't be so inclined to only log on when they're happening. Too many automated events spoils people with instant gratification.

Of course moongates leading to trammel safety is never good for UO either. Is that not too similar to moonstones leading to the Trammel facet in UO:Renaissance?
Last edited by Halbu on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fede 1+1

Post by Fede 1+1 »

Halbu wrote:Trammel Events would be a bad idea, the shard is doing great without them population wise. UO is not supposed to be a virtual chatroom with consentual pvp only, it's an MMORPG with a sandbox world. Automated Trammel instances destroy the sandbox feeling and make this game more like World of Warcraft and every other themepark MMO.
IMO the biggest problem isn't even that people lose nothing, it's that automated events directly interupt real UO's gameplay and immersion. Most of the players on UO don't even join automated events and yet they're forced to hear what team wins CTF while they play in Felucca.

And they are scheduled way too much, I wouldn't mind seeing a tourney(or event) held every now and then(once every 2 months or so). Then perhaps players wouldn't be so inclined to only log on when they're happening. Too many automated events spoils people with instant gratification.

Of course moongates leading to trammel safety is never good for UO either. Is that not too similar to moonstones leading to the Trammel facet in UO:Renaissance?
Can you summarize this? Otherwise I won't read it.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I edited it once, but it's not any shorter.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I'd like to see events come back. If they are in trammel, no reward should be given out, if they are in the real world, there should be a reward. Also, team events liek ctf, dd, and lms should take place one day a week but with 2 or 3 events per day so people in multiple time zones can all be included, and pvp events should be once a month with the winner's name and a screen shot of their paper doll on the homepage of the site as the reward. cred not pixels. Also I wouldn't mind as much if the events were in trammel if at least the waiting rooms were outside of trammel.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Fede 1+1

Post by Fede 1+1 »

Halbu wrote:I edited it once, but it's not any shorter.
Nice try.
Kabal wrote: like to see events come back. If they are in trammel, no reward should be given out
Hah, what? Then no need to have events and a silver system.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Fede 1+1 wrote:
Halbu wrote:I edited it once, but it's not any shorter.
Nice try.
Kabal wrote: like to see events come back. If they are in trammel, no reward should be given out
Hah, what? Then no need to have events and a silver system.
Hah! No need for trammies like you!

I think silver should be removed and the special items should be buy-able from an npc with gold for outrageous insane prices.
Last edited by Kabal on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*