Death in Town, Killer is Blue

Topics related to Second Age
Border Patrol

Re: Death in Town, Killer is Blue

Post by Border Patrol »

Hicha wrote:
Border Patrol wrote:Put an "if conditional" hit points < (whatever lvl of hp means someone attacked you) say "guards" into your macro

that way if somebody attacks you they get guard whacked. An experienced town pot bomber can still get you though.
If someone wants you dead and you're afk macroing, you're going to die regardless of how fancy of a macro you think you have. Doesn't matter how fast or as many times as you want to spam guards, you are going to die. My biggest pet peeve is people who spam guards, and I will go out of my way to prove their intentions are futile.

Best bet is to be quiet and minimize your appeal to thieves and PKs.
It is never safe to afk macro anywhere usually. With that aside the "if conditional" will not say guards until attacked and hp drops below the level put in the macro and the macro rolls to the "if conditional" part.

It is not going to constantly spam it.

Yes, a person who is an expert in town killing can still get around this. Bravo! You can kill someone who is afk. here is your cookie.

It is still alot better than not having it in there at all because not everyone is an expert at town killing.

I think this might be the first time someone got flamed for telling someone to put a simple "if conditional" in their macro. People even put the "if conditional hit points < (?) in their macros when training their resist in their own homes for a heal in case some comes along and is trying to EQ them in their home.

It is not that big of a big deal. Don't make it one. Unless you just want to be a troll.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Border Patrol wrote:
Hicha wrote:
Border Patrol wrote:Put an "if conditional" hit points < (whatever lvl of hp means someone attacked you) say "guards" into your macro

that way if somebody attacks you they get guard whacked. An experienced town pot bomber can still get you though.
If someone wants you dead and you're afk macroing, you're going to die regardless of how fancy of a macro you think you have. Doesn't matter how fast or as many times as you want to spam guards, you are going to die. My biggest pet peeve is people who spam guards, and I will go out of my way to prove their intentions are futile.

Best bet is to be quiet and minimize your appeal to thieves and PKs.
It is never safe to afk macro anywhere usually. With that aside the "if conditional" will not say guards until attacked and hp drops below the level put in the macro and the macro rolls to the "if conditional" part.

It is not going to constantly spam it.

Yes, a person who is an expert in town killing can still get around this. Bravo! You can kill someone who is afk. here is your cookie.

It is still alot better than not having it in there at all because not everyone is an expert at town killing.

I think this might be the first time someone got flamed for telling someone to put a simple "if conditional" in their macro. People even put the "if conditional hit points < (?) in their macros when training their resist in their own homes for a heal in case some comes along and is trying to EQ them in their home.

It is not that big of a big deal. Don't make it one. Unless you just want to be a troll.
except the thread is about getting killed in town and spamming guards and or having a hp check is more likely to make you a target in the long run. the thread is not about macroing mage med resist in your house why even bring it up .....
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

It's not going to even say guards until hp is dropped. Even then it won't say anything until the macro rolls onto that part of the macro when your hp is dropped (you are attacked).

So as far as you being made "more" of a target for having it in your macro is nonsense. No one will even know until they get guardwhacked from it.

Why would you NOT have it in the macro if AFK macroing in town. It would be retarded not to.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Moral of this story: Do not macro in town unless you are prepared to die and are willing to accept it as a UOSA (near) certainty.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Calador

Post by Calador »

WiseOne wrote:Moral of this story: Do not macro in town unless you are prepared to die and are willing to accept it as a UOSA (near) certainty.
I think the victim accepts that as most of us newbies do. Its the risk that you take and as with any UO situation you never take out of the bank what you can't afford to lose.

For those of you wanting a laugh, my most recent death came at the hands of a spritely released scorpion in my vicinity called 'A'.

The old ones are the best.

:)
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Couldn't resist:
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 556 times
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Calador wrote:
WiseOne wrote:Moral of this story: Do not macro in town unless you are prepared to die and are willing to accept it as a UOSA (near) certainty.
I think the victim accepts that as most of us newbies do. Its the risk that you take and as with any UO situation you never take out of the bank what you can't afford to lose.

For those of you wanting a laugh, my most recent death came at the hands of a spritely released scorpion in my vicinity called 'A'.

The old ones are the best.

:)
hehe < ---- that was this guy
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Calador

Post by Calador »

iamreallysquall wrote:hehe < ---- that was this guy
Gahh, I will have my revenge at some point :wink: .

Fair do's though. I accept the risks.
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'