Introducing myself and a question about archery.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Zolinie

Introducing myself and a question about archery.

Post by Zolinie »

Hello everyone! I just recently joined the server. I used to play UO during the T2A era and then multiple free shards after they added trammel. Been itching for that "sandbox" experience that's been missing from modern MMO's. So, after a brief time in Eve Online (love the game, can't stand the space setting), here I am back in UO after a 7 year break. My gold farmer bard is macroing up his provocation as we speak so that I can establish a base of operations.

In the passed few days I've noticed I'm terribly rusty on game mechanics. Partly because my memory is blurred between OSI T2A and random free shards I played after that. I remember the insta-hit mechanics well as I played a hally mage on my OSI days. But, I also remember at some point pvping and doing well with an archer, both a mage type archer and a dexxer/archer. After lurking around the forums it seems the generally opinion is that archery blows. What I'm wondering is why? I haven't really been able to find a definitive answer on that besides "archery sucks". If someone could explain the mechanics behind it I would be grateful.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Introducing myself and a question about archery.

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Archery has been nerfed so much and its not an insta hit wepon people can outrun your arrows and its just not worth it archery is way to nerfed for sure
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Zolinie

Re: Introducing myself and a question about archery.

Post by Zolinie »

Ahh got it, that is pretty bad. I can't remember if it's from official or I'm just remembering it off free shards but when I played an archer bows/xbows functioned like insta hit and would actually hit when the arrow was released... There goes my plans for a dexxer with a heavy xbow...

Return to “New Player Help”