Furniture and black dye tubs.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Furniture and black dye tubs.

Post by ecetres »

Everyone keeps talking about how rare black dye tubs were, but as I rember they were pretty much every where in late 99. You could walk into houses everywhere and use a locked down black dye tub. And when you got tired of going there, you could buy one for 25k to 50k. Thats not rare in my opinion, just slightly limited. And the best thing about it? Even as black dye tubs continued to become more prevalent with vet rewards etc, not EVERYONE had black clothes. Just because black dye tubs are more readily available doesnt mean everyone on this shard is going to wear black clothes. The people in this thread prove that point by not wanting unlimited dye tubs. They would rebel against it and not wear black. And then you would just have those whos favorite colors are red and blue, so no black there. I think that as easy as it is to get black clothing here now, that if we moved to make black dye tubs with unlimited charges there would be very little impact. You would see the number of people wearing black clothing to rise slightly, but overall unlimited dye tubs would just make it a little more convenient. Thats just my two cents.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

ecetres wrote:Everyone keeps talking about how rare black dye tubs were, but as I rember they were pretty much every where in late 99. You could walk into houses everywhere and use a locked down black dye tub. And when you got tired of going there, you could buy one for 25k to 50k. Thats not rare in my opinion, just slightly limited. And the best thing about it? Even as black dye tubs continued to become more prevalent with vet rewards etc, not EVERYONE had black clothes. Just because black dye tubs are more readily available doesnt mean everyone on this shard is going to wear black clothes. The people in this thread prove that point by not wanting unlimited dye tubs. They would rebel against it and not wear black. And then you would just have those whos favorite colors are red and blue, so no black there. I think that as easy as it is to get black clothing here now, that if we moved to make black dye tubs with unlimited charges there would be very little impact. You would see the number of people wearing black clothing to rise slightly, but overall unlimited dye tubs would just make it a little more convenient. Thats just my two cents.
It would be the flavor of the month for everyone to wear black, then it would die out quick and be the same as it is now. Like i posted earlier, guilds have their guild colors and they stick by them if the guild is serious. The players with black now will wear black then [no change], and maybe a few others, but that is it. The people crying about not allowing them to be unlimited are probably the ones making money selling black clothing ...

alatar

Post by alatar »

Jaster wrote:The people crying about not allowing them to be unlimited are probably the ones making money selling black clothing ...
qft
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i agree, black dye tubs were not hard to come by at all in t2a. I wore black through most of my entire UO experience. The way it is on this shard, i will probably never have black because im not going to go through the trouble of making 100 black robes when i dye a stack of cloth. i just want to dye my newb robe and keep it forever. and i want to do it on more then 1 char. this would cost me millions to get this done here. it only cost me like 20k to do it on OSI.

please make black dye tubs era accurate. my old guild colors were black and yellow and i wanna bring it back!