Suggestion for houses

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Yohsiph

Suggestion for houses

Post by Yohsiph »

I apologize if this has been suggested already.

The interior decor tool that allows you to move items up and down in your house -- my friends tell me that this was not present during this era.

Would you consider adding it? I personally don't see how this could effect the game in any way other than alleviating frustration related to placing furniture in our houses.

Thanks.

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Suggestion for houses

Post by JBURNS »

this server strives to be accurate as possible to t2a...which means that all the good and the bad are present. I am doubtful this would even be considered but the staff dont strive to make the shard easy just accurate :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We don't intend to add the house decoration tool. Also, I don't belive there is anything that can can be done with that tool that cannot be done currently in game by a different method.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Derrick wrote:We don't intend to add the house decoration tool. Also, I don't belive there is anything that can can be done with that tool that cannot be done currently in game by a different method.
Truth. You can change an item's Z-value, and rotate any item that's rotatable just by moving it on the ground (you gotta learn how to do it, which was/is part of the challenge of having a "decorated house")
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

RoadKill wrote:
Derrick wrote:We don't intend to add the house decoration tool. Also, I don't belive there is anything that can can be done with that tool that cannot be done currently in game by a different method.
Truth. You can change an item's Z-value, and rotate any item that's rotatable just by moving it on the ground (you gotta learn how to do it, which was/is part of the challenge of having a "decorated house")
I think someone should throw up a wiki for this, for me its a major bitch sometimes to get an item to face the way I want it to

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

platy

Post by platy »

It is for everybody hemp, even those who know how to do it: Just takes time.. hence a nicely deco'd house isn't very common ;P

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

platy wrote:It is for everybody hemp, even those who know how to do it: Just takes time.. hence a nicely deco'd house isn't very common ;P
An item rotates based on which direction your character is facing compared to where you drop the item to be rotated.

To gain Z-axis, stack items (I use fish steaks), as high a you want the item to be, then put that item on the stack (it will be on top of a fish steak tower). Lock the item down, remove the fish steaks.. your item should still be "floating"

I've been revamping the Wiki, when I finish all the creatures, I'll work on a Player Housing page (for housing rules, security, and decoration)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Red

Post by Red »

You can also use other items that have higher height to get higher faster and easier.

Also, on other servers(not sure here), you can use the interior decoration tool to turn other objects such as hallys and runes.

On a side note, upside down runes look cool.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

RoadKill wrote:
platy wrote:It is for everybody hemp, even those who know how to do it: Just takes time.. hence a nicely deco'd house isn't very common ;P
An item rotates based on which direction your character is facing compared to where you drop the item to be rotated.

To gain Z-axis, stack items (I use fish steaks), as high a you want the item to be, then put that item on the stack (it will be on top of a fish steak tower). Lock the item down, remove the fish steaks.. your item should still be "floating"

I've been revamping the Wiki, when I finish all the creatures, I'll work on a Player Housing page (for housing rules, security, and decoration)
Designer Dragon actually answered a question about house decorations and forcing an item to face a particular direction. While I'm not certain that we have it working the same way here, according to DD, the way that an item faced was based on the direction that you dragged it from its previous position. So, for example, if you dragged a chair 1 tile directly north from its current position, it would face south. The same was true with any other cardinal direction. In the instance of moving items in a non-cardinal direction, there isn't any real information on that, but it could have been based off of the direction you were facing in, or it could have been entirely random.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org