"Grandfathered" Houses

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
qbradq

"Grandfathered" Houses

Post by qbradq »

One of the things I remember the most about the T2A era were the grandfathered houses. I played Lake Superior, and I remember the vendor mall I preferred was a small stone keep placed on top of the large wheat field west of Britain (inside the guard zone). Another one I liked was an L-Shaped house with the western wall right next to the shore of Lake Blackthorne, again just inside the guard zone.

Anyway, my point is that as I wander the countryside of UOSA, I really miss seeing wacky misplaced houses. Also, because you couldn't transfer those houses, it made the owners of the more famous houses somewhat famous.

What would you think about implementing some sort of system to distribute a limited number of "grandfathered" house deeds that would use a less-restrictive house placement system? I'd even code the thing for you :D All I'd need is the Scripts\Multis\Deeds.cs and Scripts\Multis\HousePlacement.cs files so my diffs would be correct.

I think it would be really cool to be able to set up a vendor house inside of a guard zone, or in other restricted areas like the entrance to Wrong, Covetous or Despise, or with a Yew tree sticking out of the center :D

Thanks for the consideration.

Pirul

Re: "Grandfathered" Houses

Post by Pirul »

Hells yeah!!!

I want my tower in Vesper's GZ!!!

Then again, this most likely won't happen so... :(
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

PhAt AbBotT
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by PhAt AbBotT »

Bob Marley placed a small house inside the garden of Wind. In fact, he placed 5 until they were removed down to 1 by the GMS.
When buying from me, always look for the guild tag [UHH] above my name.

Click here to view my previous house sales!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We did not remove any houses in that case; although he may have felt some pressure, I like to believe it was completely voluntary.

There are other "grandfathered" houses on UOSA, I have no idea how many are still standing; but I don't think there's any need to fabricate this phenomenon, we've made enough errors over the years to have this be pretty 'accurate' on it's own. :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

With player turn-over on free shards "grandfathered" houses will just decay when their owners quit and the real-estate will go back to normal relatively quickly. With recent house placement changes though a lot of us own grandfathered houses. . . they just aren't in interesting places.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Even though this shard is stuck in a certain ERA time frame I think it is very neat how we have our own certain type special "houses" or in game "items" unique to this shard.

Such as some old houses inside certain town guard zone spots, houses with trees in them, special sandal hues, ice white cloth/clthing, and grandfathered blessed items to name a few. Who knows what unique things may happen/be created in the future due to unforseen accidents!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I've got a tree in the CY of my new keep that's poking through the second floor. Also got a gazer spawn in the northern CY.

Clearly not a GF thing or pre-placement rule change house, but it's cool none the less.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

I wish I had a gazer spawn in my house.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

For the record, I was in agreement with Derrick that the 5 smalls in Wind were pretty damn ugly and was very happy to deed the 4/5!

nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.