vendor train

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

vendor train

Post by Hemperor »

Listed in one speech line and doesn't use actual skill names.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

greatlakegirl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: vendor train

Post by greatlakegirl »

Not sure what the point of this was. It absolutely teaches you nothing on how to train from a vendor. lol Wondering why you can't pull menus on vendors like on other UO servers.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

greatlakegirl wrote:Not sure what the point of this was. It absolutely teaches you nothing on how to train from a vendor. lol Wondering why you can't pull menus on vendors like on other UO servers.
I don't get the objective of the OP either, but regarding menus, they are not era accurate.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

greatlakegirl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by greatlakegirl »

Have no idea what era accurate means. lol

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It means that this server aims to replicate the game how it was during the Second Age expansion, and more particularly the game mechanics how they were around Nov. 1999.

If it didn't work then, it won't work here.

greatlakegirl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by greatlakegirl »

Oh it definitely worked then. I had a gm tamer and I just pulled the menu on the pet and chose release. All UO servers I've played on have that function. This server also does not allow you to target a specific creature for peacemaking. The originals did and so do all the ones I know of today. Could be a bug or something I need to re figure but I am unable to get either of these options to work here.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

greatlakegirl wrote:Oh it definitely worked then. I had a gm tamer and I just pulled the menu on the pet and chose release. All UO servers I've played on have that function. This server also does not allow you to target a specific creature for peacemaking. The originals did and so do all the ones I know of today. Could be a bug or something I need to re figure but I am unable to get either of these options to work here.
While many servers include these features, they were not added until after T2A, which lasted until April of 2000. Context menus were originally added on November 30, 2001, and targeted peacemaking was introduced with Publish 16, on July 23, 2002.

Also, regarding the list of skills that an NPC would tell you for training, we need to date the changes to the training responses to determine whether the list of skills was introduced before or after our cutoff date.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

greatlakegirl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by greatlakegirl »

Thank you for your response however I won't be playing on this server after all. Too many issues and no real guide anywhere to work thru them. I am not even able to create other accounts or chars. It seems to stay in a "server is not responding" mode. I don't really wish to take the time to figure it all out and your forums and live chat are pretty useless. Your reply was very helpful but it took a few hours to get that. lol

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Well, I hope you have fun with whatever server you choose to play on. Good luck!
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

For real?

(That's a link...click it)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!