Guide: Murder System and Stat Loss

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Oggog

Re: Guide: Murder System and Stat Loss

Post by Oggog »

Pip wrote:I must say that this is one of the worst things I've ever heard of.

Stat loss encourages multi - acc gaming, which I dislike and disapprove of.

Don't get me wrong. All the other stuff here on UOSA is absolutely amazing and I find my experience here thrilling.

This one idea is seriously retarded though. It hits the players that keep this shard alive the most. REDS and unforgiving pk atmosphere of this shard makes it unique , and it's what differs it from, let's say, candy - like lame IPY.

But I get it. Era accurate , right ... :)
There is no shard, that I am aware of, where people do not play multi-accounts. Ive played on no statloss t2aish shards, I prefer it this way. With macroing legal and skills much faster than I remember on OSI, its not like statloss is a huge deal.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...or you didn't attack first, or you're not in the thieves guild.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Skasi

Post by Skasi »

What does it look like and how long does it remain? I've always been blue. Maybe it's been hiding behind the UOAM window..

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

Unless I'm failing to see it corrected here this guide is wrong.

Your character will not be in "Stat Loss" just because you have over 5 short term murder counts. (Although you will be red based on that number)

It has to do with the amount of time between murders, but you can have 20+ short term murders and not be in stat loss.
I have tested this on several characters and did not go into stat loss based on short term murder counts.

Does anyone know the amount of time that needs to elapse between kills in order to avoid stat loss?
liinniejj wrote:Goldmember just simply loves being a jackass and that has gotten him no good so far as you can see ;)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think its 8 hours short and 40 hours long
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

I am not referring to the short term/long term murder decay rate. I am referring only to time between kills that determines if you're in stat loss or not. Which has nothing to do with the amount of kills (long or short) that your character has.

If stat loss begun at 5 short terms and you had to wait 8hrs per short term to get your character out of stat loss, You wouldn't have characters with 100+ short term murder counts not in stat loss.
liinniejj wrote:Goldmember just simply loves being a jackass and that has gotten him no good so far as you can see ;)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

GoldMember wrote:You wouldn't have characters with 100+ short term murder counts not in stat loss.
We don't...

What you're calling "short term" is in fact long term counts.

For example, on myUOSA, the top "kills" count is long-term counts. This is what makes you red, if >= 5. The bottom larger kill count (on public characters) is the total lifetime kills. (this number is meaningless, for in-game mechanics). Short term kills are now shown, and the only way to know what they are is by saying "i must consider my sins".

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You are right, you can stay in the red without being in Statloss and we do have perma-red here too. Meaning if you go from blue to red 5 times you stay red forever. You just have to wear down the short term kills to under 5 and keep them there to stay out of stat.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

I see, I didn't realize there were actually 3 types of kills being tracked here. (Life time, long and short)

I understand how to tell when I am not in stat loss based on the " I must consider my sins" message that is generated.
But there is no counter (of short term counts) that I am aware of other than trying to "guesstimate" it correct?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Right. You know you're either at 0 short terms ("haven't slain the innocent..."), 1-4 short terms ("although thou hast..."), or 5+ short terms ("the innocent shall wreak havoc...").