What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them back?

Topics related to Second Age
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them bac

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, because the tower falling in Ascalon last night with four whole people in attendance did not speak to the activity of the shard at all......
Est Sularus oth Mithas

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Blaise wrote:Yeah, because the tower falling in Ascalon last night with four whole people in attendance did not speak to the activity of the shard at all......
failing comparison. but thats ok. :roll:

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

You mean you're failing to understand the comparison?
I'm just stating that what one sees in game speaks more than some numbers on the back end.
A year ago, that IDOC would have been swarmed by 10-15 people, deaths all around.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

no, i see the comparison, its just a poor one. your comparing an IDOC, which really is only blown up by a few groups of people, maybe a few in IRC, sometimes a forum post... with a shard-wide event system, multiple ways to get access to and become familiar with. event schedule, gm posted in game reminders etc etc. your probably right about the fact that more people would have been there in the past. but with all the scheduled events, in game reminders etc, people KNOW when they need to be non-afk or playing in game- and make sure they are if they want to play the event.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I wasn't comparing IDOC attendance to event attendance. I was pointing out the sign of a decreasing population of ACTIVE players, as evidenced by a tower full of loot in a nice/obvious location, falling with only a couple people there. Two of which hardly play here any more.

As such, I don't care if the stats show a thousand clients connected, they just simply aren't out there playing like they were a year ago.

Let's see some stats on how many clients are actually playing the game, not just gaming the system like a gold pump.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

They weren't out there playing a year ago. I complained about it in irc when i was insanely active.... Got trash talked, like it was some kind of big lie everyone is telling themselves. Like I hurt their collective egos by saying no one is playing, even though it said 400+ IPS online.

If a person goes from dungeon to dungeon and no one is there, walks around outdoor spawn areas, looks for open housing spots throughout the land, and there are no people, it must mean there are no people playing.

You might say " they are all macroing, GK"...

My reply: Advertise that for the shard and see how many new people you get . "THe largest population of macroing in a sandbox game yet".

New guy: Hey man. Wanna spar?

Vet: You don't need to spar...go do everything alone because you can. (ganks noob later on, with the assistance of 6 fully macroed guildmates)
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Blaise wrote:I wasn't comparing IDOC attendance to event attendance. I was pointing out the sign of a decreasing population of ACTIVE players, as evidenced by a tower full of loot in a nice/obvious location, falling with only a couple people there. Two of which hardly play here any more.

As such, I don't care if the stats show a thousand clients connected, they just simply aren't out there playing like they were a year ago.

Let's see some stats on how many clients are actually playing the game, not just gaming the system like a gold pump.

exactly what i was trying to say. the number of IP's means nothing because people arent playing. when events were around, the number of people playing was increased, while the number of IP's probably wasnt. i understand what your saying, believe me. id like more people to actively play, and i think that events would probably help that. thats it :)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

The 3 people I started this shard with were telling me I should totally play here. It's like Old UO!

They macroed in their tower for 3 accounts full of characters. I went out and did stuff.

I think I got them to a dungeon like 1 time and we went pvping like two times before they said "i quit".

Macroing is a detriment here. Old UO people knew this. You have to save people from themselves sometimes.
You should force people to work together.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

GuardianKnight wrote:You should force people to work together.
Two fucking words:

SEIGE PERILOUS!!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

GuardianKnight wrote:You should force people to work together.
Mandatory CTF! That's the spirit GK!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

remove all housing and then forbid placement.