Summons on boats

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
chainsoar

Summons on boats

Post by chainsoar »

The discussion thread on the patch that changed the mechanics regarding summons inside houses doesn't really have a clear answer on how it affects boats.

Could Derrick or Kaivan please take a few minutes to give me a straight answer on what the staff decision is in regards to this? I've got a lot of fishermen to kill and I need to know whether to sail in there with explo-ebolt or get ready to toss an EV. Thanks.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

FishinPro

Re: Summons on boats

Post by FishinPro »

chainsoar wrote:The discussion thread on the patch that changed the mechanics regarding summons inside houses doesn't really have a clear answer on how it affects boats.

Could Derrick or Kaivan please take a few minutes to give me a straight answer on what the staff decision is in regards to this? I've got a lot of fishermen to kill and I need to know whether to sail in there with explo-ebolt or get ready to toss an EV. Thanks.

It would take you 5 seconds to try and cast an EV on a boat and see if it lets you...use your chain brian you insane pain!!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

He is posting because he already knows it doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure how valid it is, but I don't think it's been discussed.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Bump. Scurvy is correct, I am already fully aware of how summons currently work on boats. I wish to know if this is a permanent change, since there was some confusion over the matter in the discussion of the appropriate patch.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Summons on boats should work properly in the next patch. Currently you aren't allowed to summon onto boats, when you should be able to perform all summons on a boat.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org