Incompetent and lucky, old LS Player here, just started

Topics related to Second Age
Wychethyl

Incompetent and lucky, old LS Player here, just started

Post by Wychethyl »

hey hey

I just joined this server a bit less than a week ago.

Just wanted to give a quick salute/hello to everyone. I played on Lake Superior back in 98-01, was in the guild OBD (Order of the Belligerent Drunks). Our GM was Cain, and I had some great times back then with Shamus, Ithel, Lucas Neo, Bloodlust, Fitz, Joey - can't remember anymore, it's been 11 years.

I tried starting again on Divinity for a spell in 2009, but had to stop after a month - RL caught up with me. I tried getting back into it there recently but it has been shut down.

I also tried Hybrid out for some weeks, over at UOGamers, and it wasn't for me. I love PvP, but that server bears no resemblance at all to UO for me. It's a mess, you can buy gold from the donation store, people cheat with programs like Sallos, abhorrent and ubiquitous NEON clothing, banksitting, and the PvP they've created from all the modifications to UO is just silly. There are, however, lots of nice people over there.

Now I've been here less than a week and I absolutely love it. THIS is the game I remember playing 10 years ago. SLOW skill gains, people wearing clothing/armor just like it was back then, starting with 100g, oh man. At the risk of fawning more, I'll say thanks to the staff that have put together this game, painstakingly making it as close as possible to the game we all remember and love.

*hugglez**rapez*

Wychethyl of OBD, LS 98-2001

p.s.
my first new character is Stonewall. I met gravestone[NEW] as I was nearly dying to a zombie at Brit GY my first night, he helped me out and invited me to their guild. Lady I might heal[NEW] and he were both incredibly generous.

p.p.s.
My second night I got a taste of UO just like I remember it. Someone by the name of "Jewk" tried to steal the kill of an Ogre I'd fought down to 10% (after a 5 min battle - sad, yes). Forunately for me, he attracted another one and a harpy and got himself chased off, allowing me to loot after a hardfought victory. A couple of hours later, I tried tackling a gargoyle. It ended with a dirtnap for me. After a LONG run to find a healer, I finally made to back to my corpse, and see Jewk running the opposite way, flagged grey. Obviously, he'd looted me and tried to make off with my pathetic 300g and non-gm, non-magic plain weapons/armor. Happily he'd attracted the attention of the gargoyle that had already made a meal out of me. In his haste to run off, it looked like he ran into a large spider, and died to poison. I looted him dry, getting 900+ gold, 30 of each reg, and all of my stuff back. I am the worst kind of player: incompetent, yet lucky.

Orion GM B^D

Re: Incompetent and lucky, old LS Player here, just started

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Hello and welcome to UOSA!!

Sounds like righteous justice to me! :)

With the backbone you seemed to have, this server will be a complete joy for you and
the old UO experience you seek. This server isnt for trammel lites!

[NEW] is the best people to get with when new here, stay with that. If you cant find/reach them,
give me a shout and I'll do what I can.....gm weps/armor etc.

Some weps and other supplies can be found at my vendor, the tower west of Trinsic moongate.

See my sig for pic......good luck!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

Thanks!

I checked out your vendor and picked myself up a good force spear at a very fair price. I haven't run across many vendors like yours that stock reagents, kegs, spellbooks/runebooks, furniture AND house deeds, and magic weapons. I only have greater heal and cure kegs in the bank atm, will be buying str,dex, and refresh eventually from you I imagine, heh. When I get a house placed I'll definitely be back for furnishing, likewise if I get my alts going I know a great place to stock up.

The folks at [NEW] have been overwhelmingly nice and helpful. They were great: Gravestone and Lady I might heal, along with Corbin - to name but a few. Without them adopting me I would never be about to GM my first weap skill already.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

You always need that little bit of Luck :)
Welcome to UOSA, you sound like you've settled quickly which is good to see and I'm sure I'll be seeing you at events in the future!
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Wychethyl wrote:Thanks!

I checked out your vendor and picked myself up a good force spear at a very fair price. I haven't run across many vendors like yours that stock reagents, kegs, spellbooks/runebooks, furniture AND house deeds, and magic weapons. I only have greater heal and cure kegs in the bank atm, will be buying str,dex, and refresh eventually from you I imagine, heh. When I get a house placed I'll definitely be back for furnishing, likewise if I get my alts going I know a great place to stock up.

The folks at [NEW] have been overwhelmingly nice and helpful. They were great: Gravestone and Lady I might heal, along with Corbin - to name but a few. Without them adopting me I would never be about to GM my first weap skill already.
Your welcome and glad you liked TSV!!

Congrates on GM'ing your first wep skill, its a great feeling being new.

Not sure how far [NEW] goes, but I have an unused small that I will co-own you to so
you can start working the other 2 accts and really get a good start here.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12