CTF Team Sorting

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
hai t2a

CTF Team Sorting

Post by hai t2a »

There are random times when you just get completely F'd in the ass when you play CTF...There hasn't been a reason to actually pick a team in many months because it just gets randomised everytime. Sometimes you'll get thrown on a team with a bunch of people you swear are from the GY, all names you've never seen before and your team ends up losing -15 to 100.

Instead of randomising by skills, teams should be sorted by CTF win %... Each team should have a very similiar amount of CTF win % "per player".

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: CTF Team Sorting

Post by DrFaustus »

hai t2a wrote:There are random times when you just get completely F'd in the ass when you play CTF...There hasn't been a reason to actually pick a team in many months because it just gets randomised everytime. Sometimes you'll get thrown on a team with a bunch of people you swear are from the GY, all names you've never seen before and your team ends up losing -15 to 100.

Instead of randomising by skills, teams should be sorted by CTF win %... Each team should have a very similiar amount of CTF win % "per player".
Couldn't agree more. Less team stack.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Red

Post by Red »

I agree.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

If you lose alot, you need me in your team :/
-D- Dreadlord XII

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

In regards to your claim of randomization, I was under the contrary impression that seasoned players are stacking one side and that only the lowest names on the list are being transferred during the balance.

Might there be a clarification of the balancing mechanic?

Supplemental: is the disagreement of tense acceptable in this instance?
<ChoppaX> i shit my pants again last night
The #1 AFK on T2A
kill drizitz wrote:feathon seems to be the winner.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

When the teams are unbalanced at the start of a game, all the players are resorted by skill with a prefernce given to putting guilds on the same team. The imbalance here is likely being caused by the guild grouping factor.

Red

Post by Red »

Sorted by character skill, correct?

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Derrick wrote:When the teams are unbalanced at the start of a game, all the players are resorted by skill with a prefernce given to putting guilds on the same team. The imbalance here is likely being caused by the guild grouping factor.
this is how it is, but I think CTF win % should be a factor as well... too often to you get players that don't know how to play ctf properly etc.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

It does always seem to end in landslide one way or the other. It doesnt seem like there are any close games its always 100 to -21
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Sort so both teams have the same average magery.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

How about sorting by account age? Average # of days.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

HardCore wrote:How about sorting by account age? Average # of days.
I don't see how this or the magery suggestion would be any better than sorting by CTF win %, seeings how it is for CTF.

Senses

Post by Senses »

The most equal system would probably be the easiest to implement. *random.* The nature of a guild grouping system will always be to lump the non guilded people in one group together. In a random system, the possibility of all the best players landing on one team would be pretty rare, and on the occasion that it does, oh well, thats how the numbers fall.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Pretty frustrated right about now, my printscreen decided not to be the hotkey for my screenshot anymore...so yeah, I had about 10 screenshots showing my whole team, I gurantee none of you would have ever seen them before. A bunch of no names that just sat in the base, I do however have the final screenshot, as it is still in my clipboard.

I am Kid Cannon here. My team did absolutely nothing, none of them ever left the base or so much as healed me. I don't see how these teams can be called balanced, ever. Blue was of course stacked with tank mages, my team was literally pulled from the GY.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

It's because my team always wins hemp! =)

On topic though, there needs to be a better way to group teams up. Perhaps this ...

*CTF Event Starts
*Player 1 chooses a team [Green]
*Player 2 can not choose Green, unless in same guild or partied, until an equal number of players are on each team.
*10 players on Green, 9 players on Blue, 9 Players on Red, 10 Players on Purple
*Players would only be able to join Blue or Red unless a guild member of a player on Green or Purple or party member.
*The last player on Green or Purple would be removed at start of game that was not guilded/partied to balance teams for quantity.

----------------------------
What this does is allow guilds to group together, and also friends to lock themselves on teams with people they know instead of randomizing it. Currently we have to many people that see 9 people on Purple and 2 on each of the others, and they stack purple to make it randomized. Putting a soft cap on each team unless the teams are pre-organized[guilds/partied] will prevent this and make teams more coordinated.

Coordination > Individual Skill