Does healing monster flag you as criminal?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
KzHen

Does healing monster flag you as criminal?

Post by KzHen »

I remember it being a way to noto-pk, healing the mob to cause death of another player.

I just accidentally healed a monster and I stayed blue, it feels kind of wrong to me. sorry I don't have the documentary evidence, I hope someone good at research may find something.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Does healing monster flag you as criminal?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You probably flagged on the monster before it attacked you, or you were a criminal when it attacked you, making it not a criminal. NPC's use the same noteriety system as players, they are just always grey. But grey does not always mean criminal. It can also mean "attackable".

KzHen

Post by KzHen »

hmm, I think I am talking about another situation.

Say I am blue and flagged as innocent, then I heal a wild dragon in Destard and I remains blue and innocent.

Was it the way it worked during T2A era?

KzHen

Post by KzHen »

MatronDeWinter wrote:You probably flagged on the monster before it attacked you, or you were a criminal when it attacked you, making it not a criminal. NPC's use the same noteriety system as players, they are just always grey. But grey does not always mean criminal. It can also mean "attackable".
now I see what you are talking about. next day I try this again and I were flagged criminal after I heal the dragon. so you the scenario you described is the time I stayed blue.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

KzHen wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:You probably flagged on the monster before it attacked you, or you were a criminal when it attacked you, making it not a criminal. NPC's use the same noteriety system as players, they are just always grey. But grey does not always mean criminal. It can also mean "attackable".
now I see what you are talking about. next day I try this again and I were flagged criminal after I heal the dragon. so you the scenario you described is the time I stayed blue.
That's right.

If you go into the UO client options, you can change the hue for "attackable". That way you can tell whether something is "attackable" (and thus, heal-able without flagging you criminal) or actually criminal.