Re: Meditation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
WinnieCooper
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by WinnieCooper »

when I try this it says inhebriation is not conductive to meditating....
Am I doing something wrong, or is this just an old trick?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

WinnieCooper wrote:when I try this it says inhebriation is not conductive to meditating....
it's an old trick. still possible with armor and getting slightly drunk instead of fully drunk. there's a thread somewhere about it, which i can't be bothered looking for.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

WinnieCooper wrote:when I try this it says inhebriation is not conductive to meditating....

There's a transition period between the inhebriation and sobriety where your mana level still drops but you aren't drunk enough to stop you medding. The trick with the consumption rate is to take enough alcohol to get into the transition range as quick as possible. Hence why the macro I posted before has different timers, so I don't get too drunk and can't med. When you get near GM level med, you'll always go into the inhebriation state, but conversely if you've set the macro correctly you'll always drop out to the transition where you can med. Hope that makes sense.

so.you.want.to.be...

Post by so.you.want.to.be... »

I don't know if it has been tested or not, but does the passive mana regeneration speed from meditation increase if a person were to have a magic wizard hat and a Cunning spell to increase their intelligence above 100? Or, is the 1 second passive regeneration rate at 100 intelligence the absolute cap a player can have?

so.you.want.to.be...

Post by so.you.want.to.be... »

So I did my own testing. 115 intelligence, 100 meditation, did not appear to improve my passive mana beyond 1 per second. If anyone else tests this and gets different results, please let me know.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

so.you.want.to.be... wrote:So I did my own testing. 115 intelligence, 100 meditation, did not appear to improve my passive mana beyond 1 per second. If anyone else tests this and gets different results, please let me know.
this is most likely due to the tick system on UOSA where things can only happen in 0.25s ticks.

so you either gain 1 mana in 1s, 1.25s, 1.5s, 1.75s, etc
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Does basic clothing slow down your regeneration rate at all? I've made an outfit of a fancy shirt, doublet, apron, short pants, boots, and floppy hat, and it gives me 4AR total, and I'm wondering if I'd actually regen faster by going completely nude.

And just to make sure I have it right, my Med right now is 45, so I need to set my macro to at least "If mana >= 55 drink liquor"?

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Med is not affected by clothing.

According to the guide, where X is the mana level you should use, you are off by a bit. You should do mana >=75 at 45 meditation.
(120 - Current Meditation Skill) = X

@30, X = 90
@35, X = 85
@40, X = 80
@45, X = 75
@50, X = 70
@55, X = 65
@60, X = 60
@65, X = 55
@70, X = 50
@75, X = 45
@80, X = 40
@85, X = 35
@90, X = 30
@95, X = 25
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Drunk trick does not work anymore? All I get is meditation is not conducive to inebriation with no gains. Burned through 20 bottles no gain.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

It still works.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

KWK wrote:Drunk trick does not work anymore? All I get is meditation is not conducive to inebriation with no gains. Burned through 20 bottles no gain.
Definitely still works. Adjust your "if mana ≥ xx" up to something higher...

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

MrBreath

Post by MrBreath »

So if say mana/int is 90 and med skill is 95.5, I am setting my If mana >= ?. I thought it would have been 25 or 30.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Don't think I ever sent mine lower than 30 of 35... probably 35.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

MrBreath

Post by MrBreath »

Ya, I changed it back to 35 and it took off, .6 in last hour or so...